What is this on my Frogspawn

JRamey24

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 15, 2019
Messages
14
Reaction score
8
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started noticing these little curly things on my rock and Frogspawn about a month ago. They have little strings that come out of them from time to time. I removed one and it had a hole burrowed into the skeleton. I feel like I may have damaged the coral doing this. Help? First picture is before and second is after removal.

508315A8-DC1F-4A0E-902E-482A104E4241.jpeg AE4F65A5-6C11-41D1-8DE1-EA1A70D43D7C.jpeg
 
Picture ain’t very clear, worth googling spyroid worms and vermitid snails common hitchhikers that look similar to the blur in the pic.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new