What is this on my live rock?

Chowder3

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 24, 2020
Messages
33
Reaction score
91
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, so I’m starting over due to a possible contamination. I was removing everything from the tank and noticed these white crystal like things growing on the bottom of my live rock that was sitting on live sand. I’ve done research but I am not sure if this is dead coralline. Anyone know what this may be? Thank you.

4700A744-9452-4CFA-BF05-A8A69F04DF55.jpeg
 
20200821_195924.jpg

Do you mean those things I circled in yellow?

Sponges maybe? Did you try poking them to see if they are hard or soft? Did you see how they looked when submerged in the water?
 
20200821_195924.jpg

Do you mean those things I circled in yellow?

Sponges maybe? Did you try poking them to see if they are hard or soft? Did you see how they looked when submerged in the water?

Hi, yes those things! They are as hard as the rock it’s self. They look exactly the same under water.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 1 16.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new