What is this on new Frag tile?

  • Thread starter Thread starter JCOLE
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

JCOLE

Grower of the Small Polyps
View Badges
Joined
Mar 12, 2018
Messages
4,218
Reaction score
10,592
Location
Charlotte, NC
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought some Ocean Wonders frag tiles and put them in my frag tank 2 days ago. I took one out tonight to trim some birdnest up to put on plugs. The whole frag popped off the tile and there was this orange residue that seems stained on the tile. This orange was not on the superglue or coral.

Is this normal? Should I remove all of them from my tank?

20191213_205342.jpg
20191213_205355.jpg
 
I bought some Ocean Wonders frag tiles and put them in my frag tank 2 days ago. I took one out tonight to trim some birdnest up to put on plugs. The whole frag popped off the tile and there was this orange residue that seems stained on the tile. This orange was not on the superglue or coral.

Is this normal? Should I remove all of them from my tank?

20191213_205342.jpg
20191213_205355.jpg
That’s weird. Have you tried taking any other corals off of them and seeing if they are also like that?
 
If it means anything. They smelled like my wife's oatmeal face wash. I was hesitant to put them in my tank because of that...
 
I believe its some type of stain from dead coral flesh being sealed under glue. I don't know for sure, but that is what I guessed Everytime I saw it. What kind of glue?
 
Or some type of reaction from water being sealed under the glue
 
Oh okay nevermind.
I definitely notice more of it the longer the frag has been on the tile or frag plugs
 
I see they smelled like oatmeal but im getting a glue smell, even after 3days of soaking in fresh r.o replaced 2x a day. Still getting strong smell from ocean wonders frag tiles

Anyone with this issue, find it to be a non issue? My plan now is to soak them for 2 weeks while replacing r.o daily if they still smell im not using them.

I really need a good frag tile to use....help appreciated from anyone
 
Does it move ? if so, may be polyclad flatworm
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new