What is this on Zoa

  • Thread starter Thread starter Thor2j
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Thor2j

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
May 8, 2016
Messages
1,202
Reaction score
506
Location
Colorado
What state or country do you live in
Colorado
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am brand new to corals. Had salt water tanks for 15 years , now getting back in with a reef system. Added 3 frags from a LFS that I let my wife pick (don't ask), don't even know what exactly they are. 2 are Zoas and one is some type of mushroom from what little I remember, correct me if I'm wrong.

One of the zoas looks like it has some yellow "webbing spots" on the rock underneath the zoa. Don't remember seeing them there until yesterday. They have only been in there for 4 days. What are these yellow spots? Almost looks like spider eggs. I did soak the frags in CoralRx then used a turkey baster to blow any critters off but didnt see any.

Thanks.
20160601_082352_zpsjucqfp8g.jpg



These are the other 2 I got that I dont know exactly what they are.

20160601_082401_zpsecdnxqic.jpg


20160601_082412_zpse41okwtw.jpg
 
It's hard to tell from the picture, but the yellow under the first frag appears to be some sort of sponge.
 
Sponge for sure but not sure what the first zoa is but second looks like some kind of people eater and third is a mushroom.
 
This might be a little better picture

IMG_2127_zpsvmrhttgu.jpg

CoralB_zpsib1zl1nz.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 4.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new