What is this ORA acro?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Cannoy
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Cannoy

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 15, 2014
Messages
250
Reaction score
157
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased this coral several years ago and the original frag died except for a little piece encrusted to the rock. I got this at my lfs and it came from ORA and was on a ORA plug but the guy there couldn't remember the name of it. I know this isn't lot of growth and im not sure if the color is what its supposed to be so an ID might be hard.

Its the blue/green coral under the yellow piece.

IMG_0509.JPG
 
Not sure if this helps but here is a pic of the original frag from 3 years ago.

IMG_0382.jpg
 
I don’t think it’s a chips. But I can’t see what it is similar too. Are you sure it’s the same coral? The first one looks like the frog skin or green austera but the new shot has some blue in either the tips or polyps. This makes me think of the one they had with a green base that had nice bright blue polyps but I forget the name. The first pic looks like that coral but the seconds growth looks different. It is kinda small to tell yet anyways.
 
I don’t think it’s a chips. But I can’t see what it is similar too. Are you sure it’s the same coral? The first one looks like the frog skin or green austera but the new shot has some blue in either the tips or polyps. This makes me think of the one they had with a green base that had nice bright blue polyps but I forget the name. The first pic looks like that coral but the seconds growth looks different. It is kinda small to tell yet anyways.

Its definitely the same coral, its the first sps I bought. In the beginning I thought it was a frogskin but now its turning blue so im not sure what it is.
 
I cant get a good pic with my phone but here is another from the front.

IMG_0515.JPG
 
ORA has a lot of what they offer listed on their website. Have tried looking on there? My guess would be tricolor valida, but it's really hard to say.
 
ORA has a lot of what they offer listed on their website. Have tried looking on there? My guess would be tricolor valida, but it's really hard to say.

I've been comparing this coral to what they have on their site for years and I cant figure it out lol.
 
Or the yellow tip austera that has purple polyps that they sell. Not sure what they call it.
 
Yeah almost impossible to tell when it's small. But interesting the wide range of guesses out there. I want to play..

I'm guessing frogskin.
 
^^ that makes me me wanna say their Verde acro maybe?

It does look like it could be the verde. On the ORA site the verde looks nothing like it but other people’s pictures look closer to what i have.
 
Not a pearlberry. If it ends up being a German Blue Polyp, that is even a greater find... but it is not likely that one either... only a very few still have it and it is awesome.

Look at their granulosa offerings and see if any of those look similar.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new