What is this ORA acro?

Cannoy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased this coral several years ago and the original frag died except for a little piece encrusted to the rock. I got this at my lfs and it came from ORA and was on a ORA plug but the guy there couldn't remember the name of it. I know this isn't lot of growth and im not sure if the color is what its supposed to be so an ID might be hard.

Its the blue/green coral under the yellow piece.

IMG_0509.JPG

OP
OP
C

Cannoy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure if this helps but here is a pic of the original frag from 3 years ago.

IMG_0382.jpg

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t think it’s a chips. But I can’t see what it is similar too. Are you sure it’s the same coral? The first one looks like the frog skin or green austera but the new shot has some blue in either the tips or polyps. This makes me think of the one they had with a green base that had nice bright blue polyps but I forget the name. The first pic looks like that coral but the seconds growth looks different. It is kinda small to tell yet anyways.

OP
OP
C

Cannoy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t think it’s a chips. But I can’t see what it is similar too. Are you sure it’s the same coral? The first one looks like the frog skin or green austera but the new shot has some blue in either the tips or polyps. This makes me think of the one they had with a green base that had nice bright blue polyps but I forget the name. The first pic looks like that coral but the seconds growth looks different. It is kinda small to tell yet anyways.

Its definitely the same coral, its the first sps I bought. In the beginning I thought it was a frogskin but now its turning blue so im not sure what it is.

OP
OP
C

Cannoy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I cant get a good pic with my phone but here is another from the front.

IMG_0515.JPG

TDEcoral

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ORA has a lot of what they offer listed on their website. Have tried looking on there? My guess would be tricolor valida, but it's really hard to say.

OP
OP
C

Cannoy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ORA has a lot of what they offer listed on their website. Have tried looking on there? My guess would be tricolor valida, but it's really hard to say.

I've been comparing this coral to what they have on their site for years and I cant figure it out lol.

OP
OP
C

Cannoy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
^^ that makes me me wanna say their Verde acro maybe?

It does look like it could be the verde. On the ORA site the verde looks nothing like it but other people’s pictures look closer to what i have.

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not a pearlberry. If it ends up being a German Blue Polyp, that is even a greater find... but it is not likely that one either... only a very few still have it and it is awesome.

Look at their granulosa offerings and see if any of those look similar.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back