What is this? Shoud I remove it?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Kworker
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Kworker

Tang Lover
View Badges
Joined
Aug 25, 2012
Messages
2,075
Reaction score
173
Location
Long Island, NY
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just walked in from class and went to my tank to check things out, i saw this. Dunno what it is Has not moved since the 5 minutes I have been home.. Bottom bit of it is green.

kcbutnotsosunshine-albums-55gal-kc-picture42839-imag0406.jpg
 
Its hard to tell from the pic, could be a type of planaria flatworm. But, they usually do not stretch out like that. Or maybe a nudibranch.
 
Well, just went in to look. Turns out its a feather duster lol. I saw it out and I scared it back in.
 
I saw it out, like a feather and everytime i got too close it would shoot back in. Except its gone now.
 
Feather Dusters are worm that build a tube. They can also shed their crown too. I have also seen then free swimming just like the one pictured.

So my vote is Feather Duster, lol.
 
Neat, I haven't seen a feather duster without its tube.
 

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new