What is this thing???

Renelope

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 2, 2017
Messages
114
Reaction score
70
Location
DENVER CO
What state or country do you live in
Colorado
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any ideas what this thing is? Its been moving slowly for the past few weeks, started out along the base of the coral and I missed it - its currently on a mushroom finger leather coral... Survived a coral dip...
Is it harmful?
what do I do with it?
IMG_0236.JPG
 
Last edited:
That looks like colonial tunicates. They are harmless filter feeders.

Thank you! How interesting! Google showed a lot of different types but that’s exactly what it is! Glad it’s not harmful!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 5 35.7%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 7.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 14.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new