What is this?

random_name_2

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 2, 2026
Messages
11
Reaction score
22
Location
SoCal (IE)
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20260402_073409_2A07ED52-66F1-42BB-9101-26A860337492.png


20260402_073409_42377BCB-9091-4EA2-8B46-F3BD88C5D7B0.png

I’m not sure what it is. It could be a starfish of sorts? Asterina?. Is it harmful and how do i remove it if so?
 
Asterina Starfish!!
If you see one... there's probably 5 more hidden somewhere.
I would remove out of caution. SOME have been known to munch on corals.
I have a bunch in my system but they don't seem to cause much harm.
 
Asterina Starfish!!
If you see one... there's probably 5 more hidden somewhere.
I would remove out of caution. SOME have been known to munch on corals.
I have a bunch in my system but they don't seem to cause much harm.
What’s the best way to euthanize or dispose of it?
 
Asterina Starfish. They reproduce by dropping an arm which becomes another. Sometimes reaching plague numbers. I have never had any problem with them but some hobbyist have said they will eat zoos.
 
Literally pull them out of the tank. Throw them outside or in the trash.
 
Like others have said here, it's an Asterina Starfish. Pull it out gently to keep it from dropping any arms and throw it away.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 18.2%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 18.2%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 2 18.2%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new