What is this?!?!

Bad Company

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 18, 2014
Messages
624
Reaction score
67
Location
Milwaukee, WI
What state or country do you live in
Wisconsin
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok I found something in my tank:

It looks likes collection of fine strings leading to hole in the live rock.
They are about the diameter of fishing line, and between half an inch and 2 inches long.
Maybe ten coming out of the hole and they can move independently of one another.
hey do latch to pellets and other detritus, and pull them towards the center.
I thought I was algae, or something that fell into the tank, but then I saw it move pellets!

What is this? I would love to know!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 42 31.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new