What is this?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Aquagirl
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Aquagirl

New Member
View Badges
Joined
May 29, 2016
Messages
12
Reaction score
6
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My live rock is turning white and now has multicolor spots on it. I attached a picture, so maybe someone can shed some light.

pH 8.0
Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 10 ppm
Calcium 480
Salinity 1.0215 but it's swing arm hydrometer so it's not accurate but general ball park

image.jpeg
 
is it a new tank? Looks like corraline algae coming in.
Yep I agree..you may also have some coloration from boring worms that redeposited calcium building their tubes they are usually blues and grays but very normal, looks healthy!
 
Yep I agree..you may also have some coloration from boring worms that redeposited calcium building their tubes they are usually blues and grays but very normal, looks healthy!
X3 very neat!
 
In my 15 years of reef keeping, I've never seen this before and it looks awesome! lol. I agree that it's the beginning of coralline algae coming in, but I've just never seen it simultaneously appear in so many colors like that. Very nice.
 
Reef tanks are full of life! As much as I love coral I often find myself staring at the rock work, sand, and glass searching for the tiny critters!
I use a magnifying glass I think it's amazing! Agree 100 percent!
 
My live rock is turning white and now has multicolor spots on it. I attached a picture, so maybe someone can shed some light.

pH 8.0
Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 10 ppm
Calcium 480
Salinity 1.0215 but it's swing arm hydrometer so it's not accurate but general ball park

image.jpeg
The quality of the pic is really good too, it's often hard to see colors as easily as you can in your pic..nice!
 
and a lil cyano and algae too maybe;) tank being born.
Welcome to Reef2Reef

Happy Reefing:)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW LONG HAVE YOU PERSONALLY KEPT YOUR LONGEST-SERVING CURRENT RESIDENT?

  • Under 1 year

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 to under 3 years

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3 to under 5 years

    Votes: 2 33.3%
  • 5 to under 10 years

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • 10 to under 20 years

    Votes: 2 33.3%
  • 20+ years

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • I’ve lost track

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new