What is this!?!?

markrbdr

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 20, 2019
Messages
30
Reaction score
4
What state or country do you live in
Indiana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was doing a water change this morning on my tank and afterwards I saw this huge thing come out of the rock that have never seen before. And it didn't look like a bristle worm that I've seen on the internet before. This thing is pretty huge though. Thank you in advance for any input! :-)

20191220_084654.jpg 20191220_084714.jpg
 
I was doing a water change this morning on my tank and afterwards I saw this huge thing come out of the rock that have never seen before. And it didn't look like a bristle worm that I've seen on the internet before. This thing is pretty huge though. Thank you in advance for any input! :)

20191220_084654.jpg 20191220_084714.jpg
Yep Bristle worm. Not a bad guy I just personally hate them and restarted a tank because I'd them haha
 
A large but essential bristle worm. Any and all healthy systems have at least some.
Yeah that thing is huge she's like 3 inches long! I can't believe I've never seen it before.
 
There is the possibility that it's a fireworm. If so it can get considerably larger. Google the two of them and if it is a FW, I'd probably remove it. Use tweezers to avoid being stung.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new