What is this?

RyleeA33

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 10, 2020
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m having trouble figuring out what this thing is, a couple of them came on a clump of spaghetti algae I had purchased. I will post some pictures down below. Sometimes I will notice them swimming through the water column like a jelly fish when I shut off the pumps for couple minutes to feed my seahorses. These organisms are so tiny, when I was feeding live baby brine shrimp in the tank once, I noticed one these organisms touch a bbs and it paralyzed or killed it. From a side profile of the organism, they look like tiny clear octopi.
9FAFB22E-0AB5-4BC4-8728-A6CE56B3E873.jpeg
5645234D-2126-4EFB-8EDB-4BAEEFBE652B.jpeg
 
Thankyou! So glad to know what they are now!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 12 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new