What is this?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Nimitz
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Nimitz

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 17, 2012
Messages
48
Reaction score
3
Location
Indialantic, FL
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anyone ID this algae? It's blue in \the first pic becuase I took it when only the actinics were on ...

algae.jpg
algae1.jpg
 
looks like it to me also I cannot stress this enough GET IT OUT NOW! if it's just on the one rock get it out boil it or bleach it or throw it away
 
I would get it out ASAP. You do not want to be dealing with a large outbreak later, like me. :pout:
 
hmmm ... unfortunately removing the rock is not possible .... any other removal method then simply scrubbing it off the rocks?
 
I think removing the rock is the best course of action. Some people have had success dosing magnesium. I would do some research on this first.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new