What is your experience with penny/quarter size tank bred dwarf angels

tanglover13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are 1 inch tank bred lemon and coral beauty angels hardy. How many feedings should I give them

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would feed them as much as they can eat. Get an autofeeder to feed 3-4x a day and then supplement some frozen by hand.

Thee also do better in fuges or other small tanks where they do not have to compete for anything for a while.

I only ever got some left-over Biota angelfish that people ordered and did not want, but they grew well and were hardy in one of my frag tanks with no other fish. I have also had queen and blue angelfish from the Gulf that were smaller than a quarter and had very little color.

In general, just remember that these fish might not know what your LRS frenzy/whatever or other foods are. Ask whomever raised them what they feed and do the same while you introduce new foods.

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How many feedings should I give them?
I would feed them at least one time and see if they eat and then go from there. :face-with-hand-over-mouth:

One of the fastest growing fish I have had was a quarter-dollar-sized Blue tang. I fed it frozen brine and it grazed continuously and it was at least 4" if not 5 when I traded it back in in less than a year. These small fish will eat whatever you throw at them, so light feedings all day will get them growing like wild fish do, if you want them to get big. :cool:

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You need to have a serious bio filter in that tank. You probably do, but it is worth mentioning. You cannot just use some bacteria in a bottle and be ready to feed a batch of small angelfish a number of days later... the ammonia will be a problem. In a well established tank, then no issue.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 92 80.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.4%
Back