What is your favorite species of clownfish?

What is your favorite species of clownfish?

• Maroon clown

Votes: 92 11.6%
  • Ocellaris Clown (including all fancy varieties)

Votes: 434 54.7%
  • Percula Clown

Votes: 129 16.2%
  • Tomato Clown

Votes: 15 1.9%
  • Clarkii Clown

Votes: 38 4.8%
  • Cinnamon Clown

Votes: 9 1.1%
  • Saddleback Clown

Votes: 14 1.8%
  • Other

Votes: 63 7.9%

• Total voters

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I always liked something about Maroon clowns. Not sure if it's their size, shape, etc, but they just look awesome to me from the humble basic guys to the designer maroon clowns.

Of course, they are cranky little buggers... If they grew the size of sharks nobody would ever dive the reefs.

NowGlazeIT

Happy to help, Ask away.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really enjoy the lightning maroon clownfish :)
Whaaaaaat were clown brothers!
2EDD8791-CF46-4219-931F-8F568D8EF929.png

Here’s an older pic of my clown

stylaster

Reefer since '90
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I might be hated for this, but i dont like clownfish at all. Evil little devils. Ive had them attack me in the wild and in tanks, so they can all stay in the ocean as far as im concerned.

knowen87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the ocellaris. I like their rounded face shapes a lot. I currently have a pair of black ice clowns. Clownfish are my favorite fish. My first SW fish was a pair of clowns and if I had to downsize it would be the one I wouldn't get rid of

Zack K

The Butterfly Guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pink Skunk Clowns. I have 4 (bought 5) and love these little guys. One of the only clowns species I found that do better in harems than pairs in the aquarium life. Nor regrets buying these guys.
-Zack

E7F5C922-4F4A-44F5-8EDF-E5B1646EE938.jpeg

Last edited:

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pink Skunk Clowns. I have 4 (bought 5) and love these little guys. One of the only clowns species I found that do better in harems than pairs in the aquarium life. Nor regrets buying these guys.
-Zack

E7F5C922-4F4A-44F5-8EDF-E5B1646EE938.jpeg
Single is not good for this spiecies of clown. Any other information?

Zack K

The Butterfly Guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Single is not good for this spiecies of clown. Any other information?

Lots!
Within the harem their will be a fair amount of bickering at the beginning as they establish hierarchy. Some fins may have bite marks. Don’t worry as they come back if fed well.
They will host just about anything that moves in the current. It took them 10 seconds max to find the Anemone and tucker down.
They enjoy live foods but will accept most frozen no problem. Getting them to flake or Pellets isn’t as easy but probably can be done. I would not personally do this though, as they are succeptable to a number of bacterial infections and frozen and alive foods help keep that immune system up.
They are a challenge to get to spawn so don’t plan on raising them without a fair bit amount of work.
They will protect their Anemone from other fish. They are a very peaceful fish In general, but when fish/inverts some within so close to the Anemone they will show them away.
They take care of the Anemone for you most of the time. They will feed the Anemone more than they feed themselves sometimes.

Hope this helps, feel free to ask anything else! Sorry to hijack the thread!
-Zack

albyone

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I might be hated for this, but i dont like clownfish at all. Evil little devils. Ive had them attack me in the wild and in tanks, so they can all stay in the ocean as far as im concerned.
Lol mine will just put its mouth on me at times i dont know if its trying to bite me or if its treating me like a nem

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 60 38.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 22.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.8%
Back