What is your job/occupation

Meltdown1313

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do personal auto for one of the many 15 minute or less companies. I have always done personal lines. I managed for a long time at 2 other large carriers and gave up managing after that burned me out. Now I just want to be a rep. Like you said the Job is horribly stressful. I don’t like saying this but I hate it. My boss is the reason I stay, and money :D.
We handle the commercial auto claims for the largest of the 15 minutes or less companies since it's a sister company.

Never done personal lines but I can't imagine switching to personal lines at this point. Havent been a manager yet, maybe someday.

Eye H8 Empty V

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just started a new company since my last reply to this thread. We specialize in a platform that allows first responders and law enforcement to stream live drone, helicopter, and ground robot footage to an online platform that manages real-time events. It’s got an integrated annotatable map, chat, whiteboard, CAD integration, vehicle tracking, license plate/vehicle make/model/color recognition, etc.

We also sell high end drones with military grade thermal cameras. I’m taking one hunting next week to try it out in the sticks. I know it’s cheating. ;)

I’m also developing a mobile deployment platform for providing on-site morning briefings for fire agencies when they’re deployed to remote locations.

Wish me luck!

OP
OP
Mastiffsrule

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just started a new company since my last reply to this thread. We specialize in a platform that allows first responders and law enforcement to stream live drone, helicopter, and ground robot footage to an online platform that manages real-time events. It’s got an integrated annotatable map, chat, whiteboard, CAD integration, vehicle tracking, license plate/vehicle make/model/color recognition, etc.

We also sell high end drones with military grade thermal cameras. I’m taking one hunting next week to try it out in the sticks. I know it’s cheating. ;)

I’m also developing a mobile deployment platform for providing on-site morning briefings for fire agencies when they’re deployed to remote locations.

Wish me luck!

That is wicked. Post some vid in the lounge if you get any good shots.

BackToTheReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am always interested in people career choice. I am wondering how many here are actually in the field we love, fishes.

I am a claims adjuster. I have been a manager, supervisor, and adjuster for 20+ years. It is constant source of conflict and stress.

What do you folks do and how do you like it?

(Anyone have a job for me in NC?):)

I have worked for utility demand reduction programs (energy efficiency) for 11 years in October. So energy efficiency and increasingly so sustainability have been important parts of my life. Our company is a 3rd party implementer so it is contract based. Thanks to some crazy legislation and end of contract it looks like relocation or career change is coming in the next few months. (Also making planning slightly more difficult!) This year has been challenging for a number off reasons so it hasn't been as enjoyable as it has in the past.

Balancing the prospect of having a massive reef tank with what I do day to day has been interesting. Adding efficiency and sustainability to the build plan is becoming increasingly important to me.

OP
OP
Mastiffsrule

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have worked for utility demand reduction programs (energy efficiency) for 11 years in October. So energy efficiency and increasingly so sustainability have been important parts of my life. Our company is a 3rd party implementer so it is contract based. Thanks to some crazy legislation and end of contract it looks like relocation or career change is coming in the next few months. (Also making planning slightly more difficult!) This year has been challenging for a number off reasons so it hasn't been as enjoyable as it has in the past.

Balancing the prospect of having a massive reef tank with what I do day to day has been interesting. Adding efficiency and sustainability to the build plan is becoming increasingly important to me.

Thanks for joining and sharing. My wife and in-laws are originally from Findlay, OH. Hopefully everything will work out. I know I have moved more tanks than I care to share over the years. Some I have moved on my own, not 20 gallon ones :D .

Campfiregirl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Before being laid off due to the Covid, I was very happily working for a Community Center. I was in charge of the Guest Services counter, and would help the people of our community by signing them up for gym memberships, fitness classes, signing their children up for martial arts, ballet etc...I really do miss it, I believe that this job was my purpose. Because of Covid, the Community Center is expected to open in 2021.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.4%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.9%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back