What nitrate level do you keep stable?

What nitrate level do you keep?


  • Total voters
    173
I keep my nitrates around 5 ppm (not less than 2, never more than 10, and normally around 5 week to week). I keep my phosphates around 0.1 ppm. Corals look healthy and fleshy, with good color. Very little nuisance algae. I believe in heavy input and heavy output.

But my reef is mostly LPS, anemones and softies, with only a couple of SPS frags. If it was SPS dominant, I'd try to keep the levels a bit lower.
 
Here ya go
Screenshot_20210512-180846_Amazon Shopping.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 52 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new