What one coral doesn’t thrive in your system?

elorablue

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's healthy, but does nothing. It’s taken almost 3 months just to cover the plug
EBD37255-3F6C-429A-AE2C-8C0FC2DDCE6B.jpeg

Pierre

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ricordea Florida for me. Have a couple for over a year. Some just bleach and disappear. Those which survive have not spilt at all.

terraincognita

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh you know, basically just about any old Anthozoa really ;):p they all always seem to just die :rolleyes:

joking. I can really ever seriously reply to about 4 threads at a time here it seems before suddenly I decide typing these long paragraphs is no fun, but the one-liners are :D

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As mentioned before: GONI. Each time -- at 6 months and one day -- after having doubled in size, they just close up and die. Completely unexplained. Each time I think "this time will be different" but it never is. In a tank full of tenuis that just keep chugging along.

Sun corals also, but that is totally explainable. I apparently lack the sustained discipline required to get them "trained" to open for feeding time.

velvetelvis

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh I wish I could keep gorgonians. Blueberry gorgonian is, in my opinion, one of the planets most beautiful offerings. Just stunning.
Try a photosynthetic gorgonian like Julian's Golden (Isis hippuris) or Grube's (Pinnigorgia flava). I have both and love them. They don't have the blue coloration, unfortunately...but they're still beautiful!

radiata

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try a photosynthetic gorgonian like Julian's Golden (Isis hippuris) or Grube's (Pinnigorgia flava). I have both and love them. They don't have the blue coloration, unfortunately...but they're still beautiful!
Is the Isis hippuris currently available to hobbyists?

FWIW... Is the Julian in Julian's Golden actually Julian Sprung? If so, it is interesting that he was also responsible to bringing Grube's to the USA from a diving couple (the Grube's) in Germany. They collected it on an Indo diving Holiday.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.7%
Back