What other fish should be added?

Reefn34

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 150 gallon 6 foot long tank that is a mixed reef with the current livestock…

2 Friendly maroon clownfish
1 One spot foxface
1 Tomini tang
1 Blue hippo tang
1 Flasher wrasse
1 fire fish

Thinking about adding (deciding between)

Blue throat trigger
Any other tang
Group of cardinals
Open to suggestions, thanks!!

F i s h y

2nd In Command. Where is Frank's firebug badge?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Triggers are awesome @F i s h y has one completely reef safe, one of my favorite fish. Orange shoulder tang also would do well.
Blue throat! He is named chompers he bites sometimes...

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Reefn34

Reefn34

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also enjoy your “friendly” days with those clowns, one day they’ll try to kill you every time u put hand I. The tank ;)
Crazy thing is they’re the nicest clowns I have. I have 4 other captive bread storm clowns and they are so mean. My maroons are nice to everything, even the biggest one which is about 5-6 inches it’s huge and old

Upvote 0

ilikefish69

Kind of a Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Crazy thing is they’re the nicest clowns I have. I have 4 other captive bread storm clowns and they are so mean. My maroons are nice to everything, even the biggest one which is about 5-6 inches it’s huge and old
That is AWESOME I can’t wait for the clown fish I have to get that size. They are such fun fish!! You won’t regret another tang for the algae control. Chromis are schooling and add a lot of pewp to your tank if that is wut ur into

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Reefn34

Reefn34

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is AWESOME I can’t wait for the clown fish I have to get that size. They are such fun fish!! You won’t regret another tang for the algae control. Chromis are schooling and add a lot of pewp to your tank if that is wut ur into
Yes I want to fill it up with movement

Upvote 0

sbbk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 150 gallon 6 foot long tank that is a mixed reef with the current livestock…

2 Friendly maroon clownfish
1 One spot foxface
1 Tomini tang
1 Blue hippo tang
1 Flasher wrasse
1 fire fish

Thinking about adding (deciding between)

Blue throat trigger
Any other tang
Group of cardinals
Open to suggestions, thanks!!
I have almost the same fish in 125 gallon, 4 foot tank. I think you can add a flame angel (or similar); also I have a xanthurus cream angel and a flame hawkfish and 4 azure damselfish and a niger trigger. All get along 100%, no aggression, none bothering coral, mostly soft and LPS. My cardinal (pajama) is the one fish that seems too timid and only eats occasionally. I think a small schools of semi-aggressive damsels is a good idea. Also a pseudochromis/dottyback or a midas blenny might work. Also a black cap basslet might be a good add. I would consider a 6-line or melanurus wrasse, although there is some risk that the aggressive fish might bother them. Try to get fish that have different swim patterns so they stake out independent territory. Big angel and dwarf angel get along great in my tank, be sure they are different color and different size. Competition is trouble.

Upvote 0

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back