What powerhead is best for 16 gallon bio cube?

nickdelo18

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently bought a sine wave pump SLW-10 but it’s too strong for my clown fish. What would be a good ‘cheaper’ powerhead to put in my 16 gallon bio cube reef tank?

Quietman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't want to drop high bucks on high end PHs on my 10/15 gallon tanks and they're overkill most of the time. I favor the hydor koralia line in my smaller tanks. I have one running in my 55 gallon freshwater right next to my ear in the living room and I never notice it. That's the 285 gph (ish - forget the exact). There's a pico one as well.

That's said, my latest clown/softie 10 gallon (temp home that's semi perm for aggressive clown), I'm just running the flow from the HOB Aquaclear 70. Everything (including the anemone hitchhiker) is just fine.

doubleshot00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently bought a sine wave pump SLW-10 but it’s too strong for my clown fish. What would be a good ‘cheaper’ powerhead to put in my 16 gallon bio cube reef tank?
You should have gotten the slw-5. It does a great job in a 13.5. Running it on constant at speed 2. Return it and get the 5

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 31 17.5%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 30 16.9%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.1%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 76 42.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.5%
Back