What salt are you using?

DSC reef

Coral wasted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never heard of not aerating salt, but after reading bucket, it says that. Been aerating my salt for for over 25 years, with other brands. Like I said I will stick with HW-Marinemix, never has failed me once. Mixes clean and aerates in less than an hour. Thanks for pointing that out. I bet a lot of people didn’t read the bucket, cause I sure didn’t
I always say stick with what works man. In after all those years you haven't had an issue I'd say you have a great salt brand my friend.

chrisrabkin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For anyone interested- Acrylic Tank Manufacturing Products is working with Triton to have an independent portal that will give the public some access to results. You wont have access to everything because no ones going to give you all the data (trade secrets and such) but they will continue to test the salt mix in front of the public at shows like MACNA and RAP and make as much available and transparent as any company can. If you have ?'s you can contact me and I can answer them.

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For anyone interested- Acrylic Tank Manufacturing Products is working with Triton to have an independent portal that will give the public some access to results. You wont have access to everything because no ones going to give you all the data (trade secrets and such) but they will continue to test the salt mix in front of the public at shows like MACNA and RAP and make as much available and transparent as any company can. If you have ?'s you can contact me and I can answer them.

Results for what?

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For those who were asking for data about Hot Salt.

But data for what? One batch? Every batch? Batch traceable by each user?

I'm just not sure what it means to be "working with Triton to have an independent portal" as opposed to they sent in a sample and had it tested.

chrisrabkin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But data for what? One batch? Every batch? Batch traceable by each user?

I'm just not sure what it means to be "working with Triton to have an independent portal" as opposed to they sent in a sample and had it tested.

What working with Triton means is that some of test data for each large batch will be available for review by the public on their website as an independent source. Each box is traceable by batch anyway- every batch will have data available - and this isn't a new salt- it't been on the market since 2014.

I use it currently and I find that what the manufacturer states is what the product delivers. Mixes clear in 6min or less, consistent Alk and other parameters in line with NSW parameters.

I haven't tested with SPS yet- Irma caused a reset but I will have more information once all the issues with the tank being without power for 45 hours have been fully dealt with. But youre free to send me messages as is anyone else Im happy to answer since I have more knowledge about this Anhydrous salt than most do.

chrisrabkin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And one further thing for the record- Wade and Brett dont make these products- there is an R&D team behind them. Yes Wade and Brett have to placate to the television show but that show does pull in a tremendous amount of new blood into this very very small part of the pet trade. And with 12x the number of freshwater tanks as salt tanks we need the new blood to help the salt side stay alive. Besides- I can't bash them or fish tank kings too bad because they have both built far many more tanks in a year than I or most here will ever build in our lives.

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What working with Triton means is that some of test data for each large batch will be available for review by the public on their website as an independent source. Each box is traceable by batch anyway- every batch will have data available - and this isn't a new salt- it't been on the market since 2014.

OK, thanks. :)

Potatohead

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I find it interesting in these threads that almost nobody is using H2Ocean or Brightwell salt anymore. Five or six years ago they were quite popular.

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dosed up cal and mag on regular IO most my life and it does the job.

As of spring been on the Red Sea "Blue Bucket" and it's been a solid mix.

zuri

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use Aquavitro Salinity water signature is paramount I want all the lil' extras measured at the right amount not just the big 3. Let's me factor out tank problems much easier when I'm trying to stumble my way thru this hobby ;)

OP
OP
Sandroni

Sandroni

Professional Coral Bleacher
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use Aquavitro Salinity water signature is paramount I want all the lil' extras measured at the right amount not just the big 3. Let's me factor out tank problems much easier when I'm trying to stumble my way thru this hobby ;)
Lol, I’m still stumbling but haven’t fallen yet!!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 57 40.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 20.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 35.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.6%
Back