What should I do about rusting in sump?

The Original WD-40, did have Fish Oil in it. I remember the smell when I was a kid, but it’s not been used in years. Also the Rust Oleum Primer, and some of their other paints had Fish Oil in them. You could smell it when opening a new can, and could see it in the paint surface. BTW, Bathroom Paint, had a Slight Trace of Mercury in it. That’s why mold wouldn’t grow on it.
55 years old, been using wd40 for 50 years, guess I never paid attention to them changing the formula. it still works.
 
they charge 28$ to ship a 5 dollar hose clamp ups ground. Is this a joke?
I dont know, ask them. There are some other sites that sell them as well. You can also use plastic ones or large zip ties, although those wont be as secure.
 
That amount of rust won't hurt anything and may be beneficial. I actually dose water from a container of rusty nails. But thats just me.

If you SCUBA dive and find an iron wreck you will notice many more corals on the rust then the surrounding water. I wonder why. :cool:
 
That amount of rust won't hurt anything and may be beneficial. I actually dose water from a container of rusty nails. But thats just me.

If you SCUBA dive and find an iron wreck you will notice many more corals on the rust then the surrounding water. I wonder why. :cool:
I see what you are saying, but I think it greatly depends on what is rusting. The iron or steel used in ship building is very different compared to a cheap 'stainless steel' hose clamp from China which can leach god knows what. That's also comparing the infinite ocean to a confined glass box where an element/chemical can crash a tank quickly.

I feel like there plenty of cases where a rust has created issues in tanks, admittedly they mostly seem to be from magnets.
 
I would actually like to know if everyone’s hinges look like mine?
IMG_3959.jpeg
Mine look worse
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 37.5%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 6 37.5%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 18.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new