What should I feed my snails in QT?

Idoc

Getting lazier and lazier with upkeep!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The beginning CUC has arrived from Reef Cleaners and I've put them into a 20g long tank that I setup as an invert and coral QT. What should I feed them for the next 76 days? It's a new tank, so no algae growing yet.

Snail species: Florida Cerith, Dwarf Cerith, and a few Nerite Snails (looks to be the pacific variety).

20171012_193700.jpg

aKlevans

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't really have any experience with feeding saltwater snails but back when I had freshwater snails I would toss in boiled zucchini every few weeks when there was no algae.

Clinton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got algae wafers when my can up crew proved to be too efficient

OP
OP
Idoc

Idoc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't really have any experience with feeding saltwater snails but back when I had freshwater snails I would toss in boiled zucchini every few weeks when there was no algae.

That brought back memories, lol. I used to feed that and cucumbers for my plecostamus when there wasnt enough algae.

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wrap some nori on a rock with a rubber band. Let the rock sit on the bottom for a day. Shake the rock. The nori will shred and disperse around the tank. You should turn off or turn down your filter so the nori will settle on the bottom of the tank. Works pretty good. ;)

OP
OP
Idoc

Idoc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wrap some nori on a rock with a rubber band. Let the rock sit on the bottom for a day. Shake the rock. The nori will shred and disperse around the tank. You should turn off or turn down your filter so the nori will settle on the bottom of the tank. Works pretty good. ;)

Thanks, i can try that. I have a small powerhead in that tank now. I can shut that off to reduce some of the flow.

Back