What should I put in my dosing pumps 4th head?

One Reefing Boi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have a Red Sea dosing pump with 4 heads. (Love it and would 1000% recommend it) and currently have alk/mag/cal as the 3 heads but not sure what I want on the fourth. I dose Red Sea trace elements and ab+ Can i keep AB+ in a unrefrigertaed jar for a while? Could I use the 4th as an ATO or would that wear out the head too quickly? Any other uses for it?

fushi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have a Red Sea dosing pump with 4 heads. (Love it and would 1000% recommend it) and currently have alk/mag/cal as the 3 heads but not sure what I want on the fourth. I dose Red Sea trace elements and ab+ Can i keep AB+ in a unrefrigertaed jar for a while? Could I use the 4th as an ATO or would that wear out the head too quickly? Any other uses for it?
I don't think those are rated to be used with an ATO's volume and it would probably wear out the motor or head fast.
I think the best answer is enjoy not needing to add anything else lol. Having an unused head is nice as if one of your other ones breaks you can just swap heads.

But you could also get a little table top refrigerator for your refrigerated products, drill a hole where there are NO COILS and set it up to the doser, i know they do that at a few places.

OP
OP
One Reefing Boi

One Reefing Boi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I don't think those are rated to be used with an ATO's volume and it would probably wear out the motor or head fast.
I think the best answer is enjoy not needing to add anything else lol. Having an unused head is nice as if one of your other ones breaks you can just swap heads.

But you could also get a little table top refrigerator for your refrigerated products, drill a hole where there are NO COILS and set it up to the doser, i know they do that at a few places.
True - I guess I can keep it separate. I might look for a tiny mini fridge now to keep the AB+ in! Oh how this hobby just keeps sucking in my money hahaha

ReefRondo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly why has nobody launched a mini fridge already customised with bulkheads for dosing lines etc to hold a few containers? Doesn’t have to be fancy.
I’ve never dosed magnesium as my salt seems to be enough for my systems so I have a spare container, line and dos head. Like above will be handy as a backup if anything ever goes wrong.

gbroadbridge

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use one for carbon dosing, eg NOPOX, Vinegar, or NP pro at various stages of the tanks life.

Reefvision

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since TOMs aqua lift pumps haven’t been available,I use my spare 4th head to ensure my overflow (non drilled tank) stays primed by pulling air/water from it and outputs into sump . I set to activate every other hr for few minutes- working better than the Toms aqua lifter ever did.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 39.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 16 24.2%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.0%
Back