What skimmer are you using right now at this moment?

domination2580

Reef-a-nator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whats the difference from the reef octo 100 and the clasic 1000? Just the size of tank and bio load it can handle right?

Khh27

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whats the difference from the reef octo 100 and the clasic 1000? Just the size of tank and bio load it can handle right?
Different designs
100 pump goes inside aquarium
1000 pump is mounted underneath skimmer body.

1000 is better in my opinion

domination2580

Reef-a-nator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aquamaxx is a little high in price range for me. Thanks guys for all the feedback. Sorry for stealing the thread lol. Just kind of got caught up with it.

WLDSHARK

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Vertex Omega 150 Protein Skimmer
Amazingly quite and takes good care of my overfeeding little hands of my kids like a champ.

gettaReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ATB 18 Deluxe really love it.
IMG_1080 by watsonj0, on Flickr
IMG_1083 by watsonj0, on Flickr
IMG_1081 by watsonj0, on Flickr

I LOVE that RE sump!! I opted for white (mine is a smaller model) but that gray is making me regret my decision! What skimmer/model is that? How do you like the BRS roller mat? Is it much better than filter socks? How has your experience been? What size tank is this filtration on? And what all are you using for filtration? Sorry for all the questions, I just really really like that sump/filtration you got there, making me curious. Perhaps you have some build thread? Thanks!

Khh27

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I LOVE that RE sump!! I opted for white (mine is a smaller model) but that gray is making me regret my decision! What skimmer/model is that? How do you like the BRS roller mat? Is it much better than filter socks? How has your experience been? What size tank is this filtration on? And what all are you using for filtration? Sorry for all the questions, I just really really like that sump/filtration you got there, making me curious. Perhaps you have some build thread? Thanks!
Says ATB 18. Must be a monster for a 1500g skimmer

Jonty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Sump was a custom unit to fit the roller matt from Advanced Acrylics (72Lx36Wx24H)
The roller mat is a custom unit from HP Aquaristic that handles 2600 GPH, the system is 600 Gallons. I love the roller mat I started out with one of the small BRS units and wanted to go to a complete system solution, I am not sure if there are any other units in the USA like it currently.
I have build thread on my local forum.
http://www.tcmas.org/v4/forums/showthread.php?54353-Jonty-s-latest-Build-thread

Last edited:

Taso1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
a few sizes of the E-Shopps skimmers, pretty good to great!

Aquatic acrobat in your aquarium: Have you ever kept an eel?

• I currently keep an eel in my tank.

Votes: 27 14.2%
  • I have kept an eel in my tank in the past.

Votes: 32 16.8%
  • I have not kept an eel in my tank, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 32 16.8%
  • I have no plans to keep an eel.

Votes: 96 50.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.6%
Back