What t5 should i get for 29 biocube

extremehobbyist

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 17, 2009
Messages
653
Reaction score
2
Location
Ashburn VA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i currently have a 250w mh over my 29 biocube and think its over kill i was thinking about going to t5's what should i get? thanks
 
Last edited:
Every one has there own opinions but id go with a Nova Extreme fixture.

What kinda corals you keep ? I love mine. I have a 6 bulbs over a 75 gal and have steady 170+ par readings along the bottom with the orriginal Bulbs.
 
Why not cut down to a 150w halide? Or do you just really want to try the T5s?
 
Every one has there own opinions but id go with a Nova Extreme fixture.

What kinda corals you keep ? I love mine. I have a 6 bulbs over a 75 gal and have steady 170+ par readings along the bottom with the orriginal Bulbs.

i keep mainly chalices acans zoos and palys but i have a couple sps's
 
Why not cut down to a 150w halide? Or do you just really want to try the T5s?

well i think i can get beter color out of t5's from what i have heard, but i wouldnt be against having a 150 i just think what i got now is just to much
 
I don't know much about T5's unfortunately...but I have wanted to try them...I constantly hear about "fiji purple bulbs"

search for those :)
 
Have you thought about LED's? I am running LEDs over my BC29 and love them. I'm running four colors all on separate dimming circuts, Cree XR-E Cool White, Cree XR-E Royal Blue, Cree XR-E Blue, Cree XR-E Neutral White. The colors that I'm getting out of them is just fantastic and I just thought I'd metion them to ya.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new