Already did 20. I based it off the 15 ml that I used to dose DAILY when carbon dosing. Everything was good then, so I suspect it won't do any harm now, and I don't think I'm going to try to chase any pH. I just wanted to give it a push start in the right direction.20ml is way too much. Start with 1ML and test ph before and after
ThanksThat might be enough vinegar.. i would add in 5ml gaps testing each time before. Stay positive!!
Sounds like what I would do: remedy the immediate issue and then wait for things to stabilize.Here's how it's looking now. Some corals are closed up, most aren't closed at all.
Seems like most will make it. Im thinking I'll just leave it and let things go naturally from here. Maybe I'll add a bit more vinegar later on tonight, but probably won't do any more water changes.
I'll just keep my calcium dosing the same, obviously stop dosing alk until I get down to the mid 8s, and I'll keep my trace dosing on the same schedule.
It doesn't look like anything was damaged or killed, possibly just irritated.I think your plan is good. Hope everything survives.
When you get a chance, please let us know what caused the overdose. I am about to add dosing pumps to my system for alk and calcium, and would like to know if there is something special I need to be aware of.
It almost sound like you got a siphon somehow, is that a possibility?It doesn't look like anything was damaged or killed, possibly just irritated.
I cant say with 100% certainty that this was the cause, but it's my beat guess... I used a reef pi controller and I like to reboot it periodically to keep things running smoothly. Since it's a remote reboot, I'm thinking that maybe I rebooted it when it was supposed to dose and when it came back on it was stuck.
At this point its my best guess because when I checked the pump it was off but my dosing reservoir was empty.
Its looking good.How is it looking today?
Lol.. I should try overdosing some ALK to see if my RBTA splits! XDIts looking good.
The whole event caused one of my anemones to split, which could've been good except one half went under a rock and I freaked out and ripped it off the rock, killing it. I was too afraid that it would wander or let go and end up in a powerhead. The other half I successfully quarantined.
Another effect is that all the algae in my tank got coated and almost petrified. I'm not sure if it killed the algae, but it seems to have had a positive impact.
My alk rapidly returned to normal, and is now sitting at 7.8
Glad it worked out OK. I accidentally butt-dialed a liter or more ALK a while back. Mostly sticks and they all did fine. I did have a blasto that was never the same after, but that was it.Haha, right! I must've gotten lucky with this whole ordeal turning out as well as it did