What To Do After Aquarium Disaster with Dr Tims waste away?

Al Shellpone

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently made a post about my terrible experience with Dr Tims Waste Away. Im not here to talk about that anymore. I need help and recommendations. I only have three fish left from the 8 I had. I want to make sure the remaining 3 survive. I dont see anything wrong in the tank. I know the oxygen is depleted which is why the fish died. the clowns now are not eating. When will this stop? when will the oxygen stop depleting? I last dosed on Thursday and the fish have been passing away one by one each day. Im extremely worried for my remaining tank mates. I dont know what to do. I feel helpless. I have two wave makers on on full blast. I have an air pump pumping air in with the lid open. What else can I do here. I only have two clown fish and a goby left. The goby is eating and seems to be doing fine. Im very worried about the clowns though. Should I do a water change tomorrow even though I did a 50% water change on thursday?

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently made a post about my terrible experience with Dr Tims Waste Away. Im not here to talk about that anymore. I need help and recommendations. I only have three fish left from the 8 I had. I want to make sure the remaining 3 survive. I dont see anything wrong in the tank. I know the oxygen is depleted which is why the fish died. the clowns now are not eating. When will this stop? when will the oxygen stop depleting? I last dosed on Thursday and the fish have been passing away one by one each day. Im extremely worried for my remaining tank mates. I dont know what to do. I feel helpless. I have two wave makers on on full blast. I have an air pump pumping air in with the lid open. What else can I do here. I only have two clown fish and a goby left. The goby is eating and seems to be doing fine. Im very worried about the clowns though. Should I do a water change tomorrow even though I did a 50% water change on thursday?
I doubt a bacteria supplement killed your fish. If you want advice post all your water parameters. How old is the tank? What filtration are you running currently?

OP
OP
A

Al Shellpone

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Isn't waste away a phosphate and nitrate eater?
Sorry for your loss. You run a protein skimmer?
Prob not cuz everyone told you they were bad? Lol
D
I do run a protein skimmer
Here is a link to my other thread. It will give you more details.

OP
OP
A

Al Shellpone

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I doubt a bacteria supplement killed your fish. If you want advice post all your water parameters. How old is the tank? What filtration are you running currently?
Tank is about 14 months old.
Ammonia 0
Salinity:1.026 and thats because ive had my fan full blast pointing towards the open lid. Was 1.0251 on Friday
Nitrate: 27.7 assuming from all the dead fish
Nitrite: 0
KH: 80
Ph 7.5
I posted the link above to my other thread that gives the full details on what happened. I just need advice on the oxygen depletion

thatmanMIKEson

Reefing ain't easy$
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its not oxygen depletion, if it was its not anymore,, I would take a 5gallon bucket of your tank water for your fish,, then do a 100% water change with good r.o.d.i water and quality salt, then put your fish back. I would change your water out..

Gvirgoan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had the same thing happen to me, I removed the dead fish and turned on my protein skimmer. The last 2 fish that survived started eating after a day and all of the snails, crabs, and brittle stars seemed unbothered.

thatmanMIKEson

Reefing ain't easy$
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank is about 14 months old.
Ammonia 0
Salinity:1.026 and thats because ive had my fan full blast pointing towards the open lid. Was 1.0251 on Friday
Nitrate: 27.7 assuming from all the dead fish
Nitrite: 0
KH: 80
Ph 7.5
I posted the link above to my other thread that gives the full details on what happened. I just need advice on the oxygen depletion
Has anything changed, how are the fish doing?

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 98 76.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.6%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.2%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

• I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back