Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

lilgrounchuck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 50 gal on a wood cabinet designed to hold a 75 so I got water on the outcropping spots on top all the time. I just started sticking a towel around the base so any water that splashed would just go to the towel. I also got a python for it. It hooks up to the sink and sucks the water right to a drain. I marked out on a rear back corner of the tank in 5 gal increments with tape. To refill I have an extra cheap pump I drop in the bucket so I’m not splashing all over dumping water back in.

Idoc

Getting lazier and lazier with upkeep!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No leaks, but my water changes get water on the outside of the tank which drip down to the stand. I was thinking I needed some sort of water barrier.

Well, i have the same problem... as do probably every other refer out there, lol. But im probably more sloppy, lol.

Putting some towels around the edge of the tank while doing your water changes will help greatly with those dribbles and spills.

I wouldn't put anything under that specific tank... as seems to be the consensus here in the post.

Sorry for your loss... is great that this hobby is helping your family through such a difficult time. Don't hesitate to ask any questions on this forum!

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 130 75.1%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 16 9.2%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 25 14.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.2%
Back