What to use to test for pH

  • Thread starter Thread starter SOGavity
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

SOGavity

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 19, 2024
Messages
151
Reaction score
55
Location
Canada
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Hannah Checker for pH but for the last few months I have not been able to find the reagent. I like to buy it when I'm half way through the bottle, now I'm almost out and need something to temporarily replace it until it becomes available. My pH is one parameter I have to keep a close eye on because it gets super high. I do have one of those knock off pen pH checkers from Amazon, but I don't trust it at all. I was thinking of picking up a Salifert test kit. I use Salifert for my Calcium and Magnesium since Hannah doesn't have a good reputation with those tests. I don't have a lot at the moment to go to crazy on any of that special testing equipment. What do you guys use and trust?
 
Your pH naturally gets high or you’re dosing a super high pH alkalinity and it pushes it high?

If you’re not monitoring it 24/7, I see no use in ever testing it
 
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new