What unusual additive are you adding to your reef tank?

Rocky Mountain Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This really wouldn't fit in vettguys question but I'll chime in as it's so new to me, but probably not to others. I've been adding Rhodopseudomonas palustris bacteria. Or as known as PNS ProBio.

For me just learning about this product has been a game changer, and very helpful in my new journey in the hobby.
How much have you been dosing or are you just putting whole bottle at a time?

Salty_Northerner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How much have you been dosing or are you just putting whole bottle at a time?
I was dosing 40ml a day for the 1st week. Now I dose 10ml every 3rd day and have been having good luck so far.

I'm dealing with diatoms and have noticed the brown crud is turning into gray patches and die'n off. I know the food source the diatoms were feeding off and quickly corrected that! @Bulk Reef Supply pack your DI chambers properly for your customers! Silicates were added to the tank daily from the ATO.

@Kenneth Wingerter can tell ya you cant really OD on this product.

Rocky Mountain Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was dosing 40ml a day for the 1st week. Now I dose 10ml every 3rd day and have been having good luck so far.

I'm dealing with diatoms and have noticed the brown crud is turning into gray patches and die'n off. I know the food source the diatoms were feeding off and quickly corrected that! @Bulk Reef Supply pack your DI chambers properly for your customers! Silicates were added to the tank daily from the ATO.

@Kenneth Wingerter can tell ya you cant really OD on this product.

Amazing...thank you so much for responding. I read all 3 articles you suggested from Hydrospace and it seems like a phenomenal product for our reef tanks, with all the biology involved with corals and our "closed" reefs...I will keep corresponding with you if you don't mind...

Salty_Northerner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Amazing...thank you so much for responding. I read all 3 articles you suggested from Hydrospace and it seems like a phenomenal product for our reef tanks, with all the biology involved with corals and our "closed" reefs...I will keep corresponding with you if you don't mind...
Yes for sure ;)

This is new to me as well and seeing good results. Nothing bad going on and seems like everything good is happening. Just adding the ProBio the corals perk up. The yellow snow I'm just spot feeding once a week for now as my system matures.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 36 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 29 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 131 58.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 7.1%
Back