What would you all like to know?

lvsuckerfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how hard is it to get a mate for an already grown clown male or female, which or what is the best way to do to add a second of the same species?

Taylor t

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well thats easy!Not much to say about it but heres the quick run down!

Grade A Clownfish:More white coloration with much more complex barring patterns than Grade B or C.

Grade B Clownfish:Have nice patterns but not as much white as a Grade A.The barring pattern is diffirent and not as complex.You can also see Grade B clowns with really nice marking on one side and the other side almost full barring.Almost always Grade A's have complex baring on both side.Grade B can have complex barring on both sides,but it wont be as much white.

Grade C Clownfish:I consider these fish to be nothing but mis-bars with very little Picasso pattern if any pattern of such.

Hope that helps!

So, in your opinion, the more white the higher the grade? And complex barring is equal barring, just wavy, not straight?

OP
OP
clowns101

clowns101

Clown and Anemone Crazy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With some fish that have more white,yes they are a higher grade.Complex barring is what I consider to be a wavy pattern.Just complex explaines it.Hard to explaine.

mlove

Reefing Peasant
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long can a clownfish go safely without being fed? Say if you went on vacation and fed the small clown the day you left?

OP
OP
clowns101

clowns101

Clown and Anemone Crazy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I wouldnt leave it unfed for more than a week or so.They can eat pods and alage while not being fed normal foods.Might be able to go longer to.

OP
OP
clowns101

clowns101

Clown and Anemone Crazy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hold on let me pull up my write up I dont on this and let me shorten it!

OP
OP
clowns101

clowns101

Clown and Anemone Crazy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay.I got it.I got the qualififcation on these fish from the creators of them!C-Quest Marines consideres Onyx Clowns to be Onyx when they are already showing the dark Black lines and coloration at Metaphase.That is what most people consider to be a "true onyx".But true Percula and other Percula morphs can still get and obtain the Onyx coloration even though they arent considered to be "true onyx".

Hope that answeres your question.If not let me know!

Oiseau Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok well clowns I'm sick of being guilty of being a baby killer so here is what I want to know !!! Lol
How do you grow out baby clowns
I know they need live Rotifera and I know how to culture those but I was wondering if you could give me a rundown on how a grow out tank works how to build one
As well as any good links you can give that would be helpful
I've raised mandarins to 4 month then their tank crashed and killed all but the male that I have now but I did that in a 10g fish bowl I kept in my sump so I know this is more complex

OP
OP
clowns101

clowns101

Clown and Anemone Crazy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well most commonly when young clowns die,it is because of toxic levels in the water,dont trust the Ammonia badgets 100%,they arent that accurate,start testing and maybe adding some marycin to the water if your baby clowns atart do do the "dive n' duck" as I call it,thats when they start do dive down and them they just start breathign heavy,and start to go on their death bed.

Oiseau Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What killed my mandarins was a crash because someone over feed them the thing I want to know is will a fresh 20g long with a seeded sponge and an airline in the sponge be enough to raise a clutch in I know I have a 55g if that would be better I need mostly to know how a set up works what's the best sizes where's the best place to get phyto and roti cultures can you give me a little of a run down

OP
OP
clowns101

clowns101

Clown and Anemone Crazy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use a 10 gallon for the first like 15-30 days till they are about pea size or so.

I get my cultures from Reed's Mariculture.Cant post a link,but google it.You should find it,I then use a 55 for grow out.

I like to age my water with a seeded sponge for at least 7-10 days,its a good thing to do.

Oiseau Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you mean by age your water I've also heard of using water from your tank when you Change it is that ok
Do you have any pictures of your setup what do you use for flow??

OP
OP
clowns101

clowns101

Clown and Anemone Crazy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I mean just letting you water sit and get a little bit of good bacteria in it.

Yes,you can use water from the display to change your water,but I never did,you are just putting deluted waste into your smaller tank IMO.

I use nothing for flow,just air pump with air filter.Thats it,you cant use anything else or the fsh will get sucked up.

No pics,I had shut my set up down 6 months ago.

toddman74

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok, I have a question. how does onyx clowns keep their color pattern, I have wild onyx that looses their black pattern over time. is it light, diet? water quality...? how do I get the onyx color back?

Nanoreefbro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need to post some more information in this forum and I dont know what ya'll want to know!So tell me,what is something that you would like to know or like to have revisited in the clownfish and anemone forum?\

Please let me know!

Thanks!

If a male clown turns into a female can it turn back into a male if a larger more aggressive female is there?

firereef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Hardy and not hardy clowns. From easy to keep and easy to kill.

Or clowns and their scientific names.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 64 44.1%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 69 47.6%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 12 8.3%
Back