ichthyogeek

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That reef tanks are expensive.
Or does it have to be a myth?:)
I'm trying to stay away from the word "myth" because that seems to imply that it's unprovable and/or false. But it would be interesting to get a base idea of what people consider to be expensive spending on their tank, and then seeing if you could set up and maintain a tank under that budgetary amount!

Pistol Peet

Reefing , family ,God, country.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay I have one that I just looked at on two different Forums on reef2reef fact or fiction your clownfish will host an anemone due to a video that you show them of other clownfish hosting anemones or by taping a picture of a clownfish hosting an anemone on the tank

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Oooh I need to think of a good one here!

afishbestservedcold

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did not know this was a thing! Interesting!

they say the "caulerpins", some spicy toxin many species produce, screws around with coral growth... I dont get it since so many people have multiple species (including caulerpa racemosa which is supposed to be the worst) in their fuges....

Pistol Peet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another like to debunk or prove has to do with apt Aptasia anemone we've all experienced or at least I have peppermint shrimp filefish and burgia nudabroncs I have used the birgia nudabronchs I've used the peppermint shrimp and the file fish the only one in my experience that is works for me is the burgi nudabroncs

Pistol Peet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can say that I failed royaly staying under my budget. That's probably due to poor planning though. I would be curious to see how others faired.
Oh hell yeah I failed miserably just ask my wife she'll tell you all about it I could have bought her a brand-new car for the same price I have in my reef tank I chose the reef tank just in case you were all wondering LOL no I'm just wondering how many of you have done or made the same decision as me I got pretty used to sleeping on the couch my reef tanks right in front of it

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The connection between flow and cyano.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Popping bubble algae in the tank spreads them. Never had an issue doing that. Plus don’t emerald crabs chew them up? They don’t eat them whole in your tank!

Last edited:
OP
OP
ichthyogeek

ichthyogeek

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay I have one that I just looked at on two different Forums on reef2reef fact or fiction your clownfish will host an anemone due to a video that you show them of other clownfish hosting anemones or by taping a picture of a clownfish hosting an anemone on the tank
Nitpick: Anemones host clownfish, not vice versa lol.

This is an interesting one! Learning by watching...hmm...
they say the "caulerpins", some spicy toxin many species produce, screws around with coral growth... I dont get it since so many people have multiple species (including caulerpa racemosa which is supposed to be the worst) in their fuges....
Fascinating!

The connection between flow and cyano.
Popping bubble algae in the tank spreads them. Never had an issue doing that. Plus don’t emerald crabs chew them up? They don’t eat them while I’m your tank!
Oh those would be fun to debunk/prove!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back