WHAT WOULD YOU DO FOR A RED SEA SYSTEM?!?

longtimereefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would do a focused build using only aquacultured or privately bred corals and fish to have a show piece that could be used to show people what you can do without further impacting the worlds incredibly fragile reef system that is so broken in so many places. Very few realize just how big a role our oceans play in our air, and lives. Love to do a showcase build with zero impact on our reefs and perhaps start a blog to educate others on why its important.

longtimereefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How about doing a Saltwater Bucket Challenge?

You fill a 5G or 10G bucket with saltwater from your tank. Go to the store and buy fish and mix it in, let it set for 24 hours Outside. Then have someone dump it on you!
So kill fish for fun or am I misunderstanding?

reefsean03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would record a video of myself pulling out all of the green hair algae from my tank, put it in the blender with milk and ice, make a green hair algae smoothie, and drink it. Then post it on youtube.

saullman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm a pretty introverted person (never made a video before) but if I win I would make a series of videos that show off my new Red Sea tank from building it, to stocking it, to the equipment running it, etc. Please force me to be an extrovert!!!!

jkunsman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what.jpg

Hi Reef2Reefers!! We have a very important question for you!!

WHAT WOULD YOU DO FOR A RED SEA SYSTEM??

We thought that getting into the summer it would be a lot of fun to have a really cool giveaway/contest, but we need some ideas from you guys on what that could look like. So give us your best ideas!! We'll watch this thread over the next several days and then we'll roll out a summer giveaway that everyone will be excited to see!!

So let's get started!!! Who's got our first suggestion??
Would sell all my wife’s cats so they wouldn’t eat all my fish!! Lol. Probably crap my pants because I have never won anything.

mickeysreef <*))))<

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd enter to win and let you film delivery and set up (you guys can set it up for me too!!) with all the great other products you sell and want to promote along with your sponsor mates who want to show off their corals and fish lol.

make it a mini-series maybe? plus your get to visit NYC, Philly and Atlantic City since I live right in the middle of those 3 places or just hang out on the Jersey shore!

Difrano

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would stand on a corner of my local highway in a reef tank costume, doing free advertising for red sea for 2 months

Jsimon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would steal bags of candy from small children then sell the candy to circus folks to pay for more coral

Last edited by a moderator:

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 115 87.8%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.1%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.3%
Back