What would you do? Yellow tang aggression

jtf74

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got a yellow tang that in the past without warning just tail swiped another tang I had when it passed by. Now I've got a copperband that is feisty and eating well. The two are currently separated to each side of a 300 gallon with a partition. I have removed the partition periodically and they have met without the tang swiping but just chasing a bit. The CBB stood its ground and raised the top fins a few times but mostly just swims to the other side when the tang approaches. My plan was to add a smaller hippo and a foxface to the copperband side and then remove the partition so the yellow doesn't know who to go after first. The copperband is doing very well eating frozen but I also worry it won't get enough when there are other fish to compete with. My gut tells me to rehome the yellow tang, but I've had it for 3 years and hate to see it go. I love the copperband and feel I'll constantly worry the yellow will out of the blue use that scalpel just when I thought they were getting along, or even on the smaller hippo. The foxface is the largest so a mirror and another yellow fish might occupy the tang and all may be well as planned. Other fish include bicolor angel, pair of maroon clowns, chromis, gramma, banded goby.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a longnose butterfly and a Copperband and I removed my Kole so I could add them without worrying about stress and space. I just like the butterflies more and not a fan of potential bullies.

Back