What would you do?

dirty_south87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m not actually in need of help but quite curious on what you would do. I browse the internet for answers on several things or just simply to hopefully learn how to do some stuff right when it comes to this hobby. So here are my current parameter, if these were your numbers what would you do? I know some would recommend 25% water change, some would say let it be, and some would suggest to dose.
Test we’re done with Red Sea

Salinity 1.026
temp 78.4
ph 8.2
kh 8
nh3nh4 0.07
no2 0.05
no3 20
po4 0.08
mg 1320
ca 420
k 410
fe 0.05
i2 0.06

Rollman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey-
What are you keeping coral wise? I run my alk to what my salt mixes, around 7.5, cal and mag about the same as you. I would just watch the NO and P04. Those are ok now just don’t let it get outta hand.

OP
OP
dirty_south87

dirty_south87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey-
What are you keeping coral wise? I run my alk to what my salt mixes, around 7.5, cal and mag about the same as you. I would just watch the NO and P04. Those are ok now just don’t let it get outta hand.
I have 2 Kenya trees
gsp
blasto
mushroom
gorgonian
leather (can’t remember the exact one right now)
3 koa

Rick's Reviews

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depends on what corals if any you want to keep also fish,/ invertebrates, it's kind of a useless post for reactions
It's a big can of worms that is taking away valuable time for 'real live questions '

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t see the issue or the need to question what others would do .
Without pictures we can only assume something is wrong. .but based on parameters everything seams acceptable .

thatmanMIKEson

Reefing ain't easy$
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Without pictures we can only assume something is wrong. .but based on parameters everything seams acceptable .
I'm with you!

Op I don't understand it's super vague, is there an issue or something going on, what's this about what's wrong that your questioning or displaying your numbers? I don't see anything wrong with any of those numbers especially dkh I run 7.5 with low nutrients. do you have a picture its worth about 950 more words than your post!

OP
OP
dirty_south87

dirty_south87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn’t say anything was wrong, I am interested in hearing what others opinion on the numbers if they would do something or let it be. Granted some numbers could use some adjusting, I have seen post and seen stuff online where people spaz over those numbers and want to change a lot. I was once that person to do that in the beginning until I learned more from this site.

thatmanMIKEson

Reefing ain't easy$
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn’t say anything was wrong, I am interested in hearing what others opinion on the numbers if they would do something or let it be. Granted some numbers could use some adjusting, I have seen post and seen stuff online where people spaz over those numbers and want to change a lot. I was once that person to do that in the beginning until I learned more from this site.
Why would any of those numbers need adjustment?

OP
OP
dirty_south87

dirty_south87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depends on what corals if any you want to keep also fish,/ invertebrates, it's kind of a useless post for reactions
It's a big can of worms that is taking away valuable time for 'real live questions '
I wasn’t aware that anyone couldn’t interact with others to get more insight on information so I apologize I wasted your time for me to learn from others on how they do things.

thatmanMIKEson

Reefing ain't easy$
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wasn’t aware that anyone couldn’t interact with others to get more insight on information so I apologize I wasted your time for me to learn from others on how they do things.
No don't take it the wrong way it's just confusing, if anyone else is like me were trying to see what an issue is, if there is one. I'm wondering what's going on I just looked at your build and couldn't see anything there so I'm still not understanding....

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 Kenya trees
gsp
blasto
mushroom
gorgonian
leather (can’t remember the exact one right now)
3 koa

I would do nothing, I have similar corals in my softy tank and I don't even test so nothing gets my vote :grinning-face-with-sweat:

thatmanMIKEson

Reefing ain't easy$
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The trace colors is what I see that could use adjustment, from my understanding they are a little low
Yeah until the tank has more corals and stuff going on don't worry about the trace elements those could definitely be testing errors but really it doesn't matter at this stage of your tank. But don't just change up parameters to the first person that says you need to raise your alkalinity that kind of actions will create issues for you. I wouldn't do anything but put most of those test kits back on the shelf. Just worry about temp salinity alkalinity calcium and magnesium in that order and try to keep p04 and n03 stable with keeping the fish fed.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had planned on doing a water change before I tested, I usually do a 10% weekly. Been thinking on skipping this week

Ya I don't really do those often either but that is why I switched to softies and some LPS (just busy!).

Lots of trace elements come from food.

OP
OP
dirty_south87

dirty_south87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No don't take it the wrong way it's just confusing, if anyone else is like me were trying to see what an issue is, if there is one. I'm wondering what's going on I just looked at your build and couldn't see anything there so I'm still not understanding....
Understandable, i didn’t make this post because there is something wrong but to see what others would do, I have seen some where others had some numbers like mine and was trying to fix it. My tank is still going through a cycle (ugly stage now). Only thing I see that could use adjustment is my trace colors, but at the moment that’s it. I was merely just trying to have a good conversation post in turn of a learning experiment for myself

OP
OP
dirty_south87

dirty_south87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah until the tank has more corals and stuff going on don't worry about the trace elements those could definitely be testing errors but really it doesn't matter at this stage of your tank. But don't just change up parameters to the first person that says you need to raise your alkalinity that kind of actions will create issues for you. I wouldn't do anything but put most of those test kits back on the shelf. Just worry about temp salinity alkalinity calcium and magnesium in that order and try to keep p04 and n03 stable with keeping the fish fed.
I haven’t dosed or anything to the tank, before my 180 sprung a leak I kept my trace colors level in good range (what is usually recommended) and my corals was happy. Not saying they are not now

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 61 32.3%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 49 25.9%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 39 20.6%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 38 20.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.1%
Back