OP
dirty_south87

dirty_south87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And its have a KH over 10! I prefer the standard - the blue bucket

If I had your readings - I would not do anything in the short run. However I prefer NO3 around 4-6 mg/L

Sincerely Lasse
I heard that the blue bucket was better, been thinking on switching to it.
I do plan on doing nothing til after the cycl, figured the numbers may change some.

thatmanMIKEson

Reefing ain't easy$
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which is the plan... I’m not sure how it’s a ton of questions thing when the post was meant to be a simple type of conversation on what people would adjust or not adjust not that there’s questions on what’s wrong with my tank.
No just questions like what size is your tank, how old is your tank, how did you start your tank with dry rock live rock, what kind of lights are on the tank , do you use r.o water what kind of salt do you use, literally probably 20 standard questions, nothing about "what's wrong" but none of that was given like I said it was a vague post I was just trying to get more meat with the potatoes, im not sending the food back. LoL

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I heard that the blue bucket was better, been thinking on switching to it.
IMO - the "red" bucket is excellent when you start to establish a larger biomass of stony corals. You can supply the demand for alkalinity and calcium with WC during a long period before you start other methods for alkalinity and calcium addition. Both alkalinity and calcium is boosted in the red bucket. But in your case - the blue bucket (IMO) is both cheaper and better

Sincerely Lasse

OP
OP
dirty_south87

dirty_south87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMO - the "red" bucket is excellent when you start to establish a larger biomass of stony corals. You can supply the demand for alkalinity and calcium with WC during a long period before you start other methods for alkalinity and calcium addition. Both alkalinity and calcium is boosted in the red bucket. But in your case - the blue bucket (IMO) is both cheaper and better

Sincerely Lasse
Thanks for the information! I think I’m mostly going to go with mainly soft corals I think the movement of them are fascinating

OP
OP
dirty_south87

dirty_south87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No just questions like what size is your tank, how old is your tank, how did you start your tank with dry rock live rock, what kind of lights are on the tank , do you use r.o water what kind of salt do you use, literally probably 20 standard questions, nothing about "what's wrong" but none of that was given like I said it was a vague post I was just trying to get more meat with the potatoes, im not sending the food back. LoL
I would naturally supply those information if I was actually looking for help. I know all of that is helpful in determining on how to help solve problems, I posted my numbers as a starter to conversations as to where some keeps theirs a little higher or lower. as stated in my original post on what people would do to “fix” their numbers. What you are suggesting that this was all a vague post was nothing more than to connect with other hobbyist and share ideas. What works for one may not for another, everyone has something that works or don’t work and what numbers keeps their livestock happy. Go back and read the original post

thatmanMIKEson

Reefing ain't easy$
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would naturally supply those information if I was actually looking for help. I know all of that is helpful in determining on how to help solve problems, I posted my numbers as a starter to conversations as to where some keeps theirs a little higher or lower. as stated in my original post on what people would do to “fix” their numbers. What you are suggesting that this was all a vague post was nothing more than to connect with other hobbyist and share ideas. What works for one may not for another, everyone has something that works or don’t work and what numbers keeps their livestock happy. Go back and read the original post
Got it!

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m not actually in need of help but quite curious on what you would do. I browse the internet for answers on several things or just simply to hopefully learn how to do some stuff right when it comes to this hobby. So here are my current parameter, if these were your numbers what would you do? I know some would recommend 25% water change, some would say let it be, and some would suggest to dose.
Test we’re done with Red Sea

Salinity 1.026
temp 78.4
ph 8.2
kh 8
nh3nh4 0.07
no2 0.05
no3 20
po4 0.08
mg 1320
ca 420
k 410
fe 0.05
i2 0.06

I don’t think I’d do anything special with those values.

OP
OP
dirty_south87

dirty_south87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t think I’d do anything special with those values.
I haven’t done anything to my tank, I was gonna do a water change but decided against it. I appreciate your input, I was curious on how others would handle the situation if it were their numbers or what they are comfortable with. I know everyone is different but it’s an interesting thing to see how people do things

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 42 32.6%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 34 26.4%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 27 20.9%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 25 19.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back