Your choice of a 24K Torch, or a Hellfire Torch?

• 24K Torch

• Hellfire Torch

• Neither— please put reason or other choice in the comments.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Salty Sea Flowers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Just a little context—
I'm a torch obsessed collecting reefer. :D My tank is all LPS and softie (zoa) dominated, with about 75% of the coral stock, being torch corals.

I've been given the choice of either getting a 24K Torch, or a Hellfire Torch.

I'm having a difficult time deciding. What would your choice be, if you were given these options?
(I prefer to have torches that don't look too similar to one another, too.)

Thanks to all of you, and I hope you guys' weekends have been wonderful!

Fotor_168886305093914.jpg

Fotor_168886311600584.jpg

If anyone wants to know for further context and/or comparison purposes, this is my current collection—
  • Dragon Soul Torch
  • OG Dragon Soul Torch
  • Rasta Torch
  • Firefly Torch
  • Oscar The Grouch
  • Todd's Torch
  • CC's 21 Tails Torch
  • KFC's Honey Pot Torch
  • Grim Reaper Torch
  • Cotton Candy Torch
  • NY Knicks Torch
  • Ultra Tiger Torch
  • Dragon Tamer Torch
  • Holy Guacamole Torch

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you can’t see them in person, expect them to look different to the photo.

I would go 24k, the hellfire looks too green for me, I also prefer the length of the tentacles to be the same length, which the 24k looks to be, the HF looks to have different length tentacles (is that the correct word “tentacles”).

OP
OP
Salty Sea Flowers

Salty Sea Flowers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
If you can’t see them in person, expect them to look different to the photo.

I would go 24k, the hellfire looks too green for me, I also prefer the length of the tentacles to be the same length, which the 24k looks to be, the HF looks to have different length tentacles (is that the correct word “tentacles”).
ahhhh— i see what you mean! it makes sense! personally, it doesn't bother me if they have different length tentacles... or is it... tenticli? tentaclees? lololol! :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:

but yeah, i know they'll be different in person versus a professionally edited and enhanced photo. im just trying to get an idea of how different the Hellfire Torch is, as compared to like... a Dragon Soul Torch.

OP
OP
Salty Sea Flowers

Salty Sea Flowers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I'm all aboard the hellfire train as well, do you have any photos of the rest of your tank and where you'd want to put the new one?
unfortunately, im currently not at home and the pictures are do have, arent current. lol.

but the rockscape is in a wide "U" shape, with the torches along the higher ends on the left and the right, and most of the softie, and zoas down in the concave center. :)

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a little context—
I'm a torch obsessed collecting reefer. :D My tank is all LPS and softie (zoa) dominated, with about 75% of the coral stock, being torch corals.

I've been given the choice of either getting a 24K Torch, or a Hellfire Torch.

I'm having a difficult time deciding. What would your choice be, if you were given these options?
(I prefer to have torches that don't look too similar to one another, too.)

Thanks to all of you, and I hope you guys' weekends have been wonderful!

Fotor_168886305093914.jpg

Fotor_168886311600584.jpg

If anyone wants to know for further context and/or comparison purposes, this is my current collection—
  • Dragon Soul Torch
  • OG Dragon Soul Torch
  • Rasta Torch
  • Firefly Torch
  • Oscar The Grouch
  • Todd's Torch
  • CC's 21 Tails Torch
  • KFC's Honey Pot Torch
  • Grim Reaper Torch
  • Cotton Candy Torch
  • NY Knicks Torch
  • Ultra Tiger Torch
  • Dragon Tamer Torch
  • Holy Guacamole Torch
I personally went Hellfire, and don’t regret it. Yes under my white light it looks… weird but under blues it’s gorgeous and the gold is there for sure.
It’s in the background of this photo of my Halichoeres chloropterus :)
IMG_6091.jpeg

OP
OP
Salty Sea Flowers

Salty Sea Flowers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I personally went Hellfire, and don’t regret it. Yes under my white light it looks… weird but under blues it’s gorgeous and the gold is there for sure.
It’s in the background of this photo of my Halichoeres chloropterus :)
IMG_6091.jpeg

so, actual hellfires have lime green tips? is that right? oh, and im sorry— i honestly lost focus for a second because your fish totally stole the show! its absolutely gorgeous! :star-struck:

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so, actual hellfires have lime green tips? is that right? oh, and im sorry— i honestly lost focus for a second because your fish totally stole the show! its absolutely gorgeous! :star-struck:
Thankyou, he’s my favourite wrasse currently but doesn’t get much recognition as many find it dull.

And yep! The hellfires have a gorgeous lime green tip on their tentacle :)

mrpontiac80

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like an awesome collection of torches!
You can’t go wrong either way, but personally I love the hellfire. Problem is that everyone selling these torches you listed, all call them different things I believe. I am very lucky to live a couple of minutes away from a friend that sells coral… he is a small one man business trying to make a career in the hobby. I get really great deals from him, but as far as lineage on corals, I can’t believe that most sellers have a clue. So I buy the ones I like and the rest is history. So having said that, here is what was sold to me from left to right as a 24k, black and gold, green something? and a hellfire on the sand. My lights (reefbreeders photons) make them look quite different than in his tanks. Pic is of almost lights out and my daytime schedule.
IMG_5636.jpeg
IMG_4924.jpeg

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like an awesome collection of torches!
You can’t go wrong either way, but personally I love the hellfire. Problem is that everyone selling these torches you listed, all call them different things I believe. I am very lucky to live a couple of minutes away from a friend that sells coral… he is a small one man business trying to make a career in the hobby. I get really great deals from him, but as far as lineage on corals, I can’t believe that most sellers have a clue. So I buy the ones I like and the rest is history. So having said that, here is what was sold to me from left to right as a 24k, black and gold, green something? and a hellfire on the sand. My lights (reefbreeders photons) make them look quite different than in his tanks. Pic is of almost lights out and my daytime schedule.
IMG_5636.jpeg
IMG_4924.jpeg
that ‘Black and Gold’ is gorgeous, I now have a torch to look out for!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 135 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%
Back