What's the best baffle kit

  • Thread starter Thread starter Tonyt2293
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Tonyt2293

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 2, 2025
Messages
32
Reaction score
26
Location
Southern California USA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just picked up a 40 breeder to turn into a sump trying to figure out if I should make my own or buy a baffle kit what's the general consensus on the kits ?
 
Hello! I've had the baffle kit by FijiCube and I've looked at darn near all the others. I'd suggest you take a look at these. I was very impressed with the kit I got for a 20L, and I'm fully going to order a kit for either a 40B or a 60B for my next build. This link is an example, he's got multiple configurations:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/275182279875
Good luck!
 
Thanks that kit looks great may just order that one
The JaxRacks are very popular, I’ve never had one, but I don’t think you could go wrong.

But take a look at what I linked above, look at the filter sock section with the lid and how you plumb your down spouts right into the sump, which is potentially quieter and definitely less salt creep. You could replace the socks with media cups if you wanted to. It comes in a bunch of configurations, many with adjustable water level. I really think this is the best value in these baffle kits, and the 20L kit I tried fit an Aqueon tank perfectly; really easy to assemble.
 
3rd on the jacks racks - I’ve ordered two different sets from him - sometimes easier to email him to make sure you get what you want or if you want minor tweaks
 
I bought one for a 20 long with two adjustable baffles. Wish there were some instructions always used glass before. But works great
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 11 32.4%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 17 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 8.8%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 32.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 16 47.1%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 9 26.5%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 14.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new