What's the Fastest Way to Clean the OUTSIDE of an Aquarium?

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A good shammy leather cloth ( use dry) brilliant for car windows / fish tank glass or any glass

Screenshot_20220111-193514_Google.jpg

Borat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why do you need "flawless" glass - is that so you could show-off to others? I couldn't care less if the outside is not clean, as soon as it's not super-dirty.

You may just engrave "lots of money spent on this" and that eliminates the need for a flawless shiny glass ever..

Last edited:

kzenoni

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used windex for years, spraying on a paper towel away from the tank to avoid getting it in the water. Then I discovered "Invisible Glass". I spray it at a downward angle so that it doesn't contaminate anything and use paper towels to wipe it off. Does a great job. Been doing it that way since 1987.
Same

kzenoni

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why do you need "flawless" glass - is that so you could show-off to others? I couldn't care less if the outside is not clean, as soon as it's not super-dirty.

You maye just engrave "lots of money spent on this" and that eliminates the need for a flawless shiny glass ever..
I’m a little obsessed with a clean glass for my viewing enjoyment as I’m sure most other reefers do. There is so much in a tank to enjoy so why look through dirty glass unless just too lazy to do it?

Borat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m a little obsessed with a clean glass for my viewing enjoyment as I’m sure most other reefers do. There is so much in a tank to enjoy so why look through dirty glass unless just too lazy to do it?
OK - I guess I am not (and for this reason I am questioning it). I just lighly dip a kitchen towel in RO water (tap water is very hard in London and would leave stains when dried) and wipe the glass once a week..

Dom

Full Time Reef Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Windex and a squeegee. Don't buy the hype about the dangers of using windex on your glass.

ColoredRock

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For me .. its part of my routine ... I can tell when I am neglecting my tank by how the glass looks... so can my wife :)

RO/vinegar in a spray bottle 50/50 Paper towel if over spray gets into the tank I know what it is... micro fiber if it bugs me.

But then there is this!!!!

flashsmith

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fritz glass cleaner. But seeing as how everybody seems to want 100% automation these days I guess if there's a need I can go into my lab and come up with something...

PlumbTuckered

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have been looking for quick alternatives to aquarium glass cleaning. Cleaning the outside of my Biocube 32 with a drying cloth takes about 10 minutes to get flawless which is a little too much time. I have tried other solutions that make it about 5, but there is too much work and materials involved in the process which makes it last about the same amount of time. What is the fastest, and safe, method for cleaning the outside glass?

Really? 10 minutes is too much time? You're in the wrong hobby.

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have been looking for quick alternatives to aquarium glass cleaning. Cleaning the outside of my Biocube 32 with a drying cloth takes about 10 minutes to get flawless which is a little too much time. I have tried other solutions that make it about 5, but there is too much work and materials involved in the process which makes it last about the same amount of time. What is the fastest, and safe, method for cleaning the outside glass?
Takes me about 30 seconds to clean 2 sides of my 80 gallon dt ha ha,either you ocd about how clean it is or your method leaves streaks behind everything you wipe ( I know made thread because of it ^_^ )

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back