whats up with the new bulb?

  • Thread starter Thread starter birdsnest
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

birdsnest

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 23, 2010
Messages
216
Reaction score
16
Location
Indian Harbour Bch.
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just tried to replace a 8 month old 12k 150w MH reeflux with a brand new one from the same LFS i bought the other from and it will not fire. It makes an electronic buzz at start up and tries to fire lighting the bulb barely. Five seconds of that and it shuts off. Any suggestions? Fixture is an current orbit
 
I've had similar issues with my DE bulbs and fixtures. Not sure if you've tried this but I would pull it out and try getting the bulb ends dead on center with the fixture end points. I had to try a few different attempts before getting dead center.

If that fails put the old bulb in as test and go get a bulb replacement. Take your fixture and bulb to the LFS so they can help you solve the problem.
 
flipped it over and put the nipple down and it fired right up. I asked the owner of the LFS if they should be mounted with the nipple up or down and after a quick google search he found info that said to mount it with the nipple facing up. guess that was bogus info? anyone have any similar experience?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 11.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new