whats up with the new bulb?

birdsnest

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just tried to replace a 8 month old 12k 150w MH reeflux with a brand new one from the same LFS i bought the other from and it will not fire. It makes an electronic buzz at start up and tries to fire lighting the bulb barely. Five seconds of that and it shuts off. Any suggestions? Fixture is an current orbit

ficklefins

Super Duper Moderator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had similar issues with my DE bulbs and fixtures. Not sure if you've tried this but I would pull it out and try getting the bulb ends dead on center with the fixture end points. I had to try a few different attempts before getting dead center.

If that fails put the old bulb in as test and go get a bulb replacement. Take your fixture and bulb to the LFS so they can help you solve the problem.

OP
OP
B

birdsnest

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
flipped it over and put the nipple down and it fired right up. I asked the owner of the LFS if they should be mounted with the nipple up or down and after a quick google search he found info that said to mount it with the nipple facing up. guess that was bogus info? anyone have any similar experience?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 38.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 13 26.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 9 18.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 9 18.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back