What's Your Controller?

Seth Goldberg

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use standard timers for my lights, and Reef Keeper Lite for my dosing and heater. A friend gave me the RKL. I don't need fancy computer get-up where I feel my money is better spent on corals, lol.

I'm running LED lighting with a built in timers. There is no need for me to put them in to the RKL

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is a way around the loss of a power bar by getting the HUB module and adding a 9v 500ma wall wart. The HUB module is just a 5 way buss splitter, but it has a power input jack so you can add more power to the buss for modules. On the RKL you may want an extra buss port anyway to hook the SID without unhooking the iTemp for programming or monitoring with your computer.

pickupman66

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whats on my Controller? Everything I can get on it. I have an archon with 4 PC4 modules, 1 SLx, 1 APC and 2 DCI. here is how I have it setup.

1. Return pump - Jebao DC6000 - Controlled with one of the Archon analog ports (and DCI) for its %. it ramps up and down at varying times during the day. Power to it provided by a PC 4 outlet.
2. Skimmer
3. Pair of WP25 - controlled with the APC module and a DCI to have a 6 second on time for each and then 6 off alternating between the two. power supplied by PC4
4. Single Wp10 - Power only provided by PC4. using it on its own wave function for random flow generation
5. Heater - controlled by archon temp probe and a PC4
6. Jebao Dosing pump (power only)
7. ATO - Controlled aqualifter pump that is operated by switch to keep water level stable
8. 3 aditional outlets beside the tank so my wife can charge her phone and run one of those oil diffuser things.
9. Power to my Radion

I monitor:

PH
Temp
Salinity

All of my modules except the archon and a single PC4 are in the tank closet behind my system so it is all hidden. Previously I was using all 4 of the analog and both PWM archon channels to control a Reef Radiance Lumentek Pro 240 I hacked into because I was not a fan of their control board.

Controllers can be a blast.

pickupman66

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BTW, I made a video!

bear with me, I had to pause it to wait for the pages to update. I am 55 miles away from my tank (im at work) and we have a fixed wireless internet connection that on a good day is 1mpbs. on a true High speed connection there is no lag.

FirstContact

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am running a Vertex Cerebra. Waiting for the second version to come out in a couple of months. The beta testing has been a lot of fun. It's very easy to use and includes a lot of additions you would need modules for on the Apex. I control my whole tank with it including ozone. Very happy with it.

Seth Goldberg

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BTW, I made a video!

bear with me, I had to pause it to wait for the pages to update. I am 55 miles away from my tank (im at work) and we have a fixed wireless internet connection that on a good day is 1mpbs. on a true High speed connection there is no lag.

I have had 0 experience with ether but is there an advantage of one or the other between the archon versus the apex Neptune?

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_7527.JPG
IMG_6579.JPG

I use a controller based on a raspberry Pi that I built myself, called DOSEmate.
It controls dosing pumps, ph, temperature, ato, Reef angel extensions,including power outlets and leak detector. It also connects to Altas sensors for pH, ORP and Salinity as well as cameras and wave modes for my wavemakers.
I can customise the programming via a web interface and access it remotely.
Apart from heater, chiller and LEDs my tank is fully controlled by the single computer.

It also automates my semi automatic water changes
you sir, a ****** :)

Darryl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Archon Great system runs exceptional can check everything and shut off or turn on anywhere including Great Britain on my vacation

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 27 84.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 9.4%
Back