What's Your Favorite Zoa Choices For A Zoa Garden?

Zakery Murray

View Badges
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I have recently just started up a new tank, Waterbox 30.2, and I want to make a nice zoa garden. I do know quite a few zoa's but I was wondering if you guys could tell me your favorite zoas to add to the garden, pictures please! I so far have 3 that are a must and are some of my personal favorites, please go ahead and add yours to the list. My 3 so far are

1.Rastas
Zoa Garden Rasta.jpg
2.White Zombies
Zoa Garden White Zombie.jpg

3.Utter Chaos
Zoa Garden Utter Chaos.jpg

Maxout
Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED lighting

mfollen

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
You got a good trio. Rastas will grow quicker but the bigger palys will hold them off.

Acid reflux have a nice yellow and purple...
Can’t go wrong with pink kraks too

Gtinnel

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Without picking high end zoas/palys my favorites are by far utter choas and rastas and then in a distant third are magicians.

dsayo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Not the best pic, but these are my dragon eyes. I haven't gotten any hornets yet, but murder hornets, black hornets, and blue hornets are the ones I'm keeping my eyes on.

IMG_20210213_181642817~2.jpg
351792AE-D9F8-49F6-A918-0EE039DF0790.jpeg
4E23C29A-C45F-4933-B274-4D56232B2E4E.jpeg

1st pic : dragon eye. Agree these are so nice and bright!
2nd pic: blue hornets (just got this little guy, can’t wait for it to growwww)

Kynzo

View Badges
Reaction score
You got a good trio. Rastas will grow quicker but the bigger palys will hold them off.

Acid reflux have a nice yellow and purple...
Can’t go wrong with pink kraks too
+1 the acid reflux. Very nice. I think charmanders are really nice too but a bit pricey.

Top Shelf Aquatics

Hooz

View Badges
Reaction score
I have a few gardens going.

One is just Hornets (Red, Blue, OG Black, Ktar Black, Purple, Frozen, Murder, Jawbreaker and Rainbow). Looking at maybe King Jawbreaker to finish that one out.

One has White Zombie, White Walker, Utter Chaos, Rainbow Incinerator and Kamikaze Kush.

One has Rasta, Blue ******, Eagle Eye, Fruit Loops, My Clementine, Scrambled Eggs, AOI, Bloosuckers, Gorilla Nips and Orange Oxides.

Working on my last one now (HAHAHA!)... Darth Maul, Gold Maul, Emerald Maul, LSOH and Marvin the Martian.

My GMK has a rock all to itself. :D

Zoa_Fanatic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I have recently just started up a new tank, Waterbox 30.2, and I want to make a nice zoa garden. I do know quite a few zoa's but I was wondering if you guys could tell me your favorite zoas to add to the garden, pictures please! I so far have 3 that are a must and are some of my personal favorites, please go ahead and add yours to the list. My 3 so far are

1.Rastas
Zoa Garden Rasta.jpg
2.White Zombies
Zoa Garden White Zombie.jpg

3.Utter Chaos
Zoa Garden Utter Chaos.jpg
Rasta and utter chaos are the same size roughly but white zombies are way bigger and way more expensive. I have two small gardens going in my biocube, one has rasta\scrambled eggs\bob Marleys. The second one is R. Dragonseye, utter chaos, and a super bright fire and ice morph.

As far as my favorites, I love the white zombies so much I wouldn't have them in a garden theyre on their own rock. For garden zoa id do red hornets and blue hornets together. the contrast is awesome. I have both but im waiting on some more zoa domes to come in. Some of my zoa im working on attached.

tempImageZHeuTk.png tempImageKHQcwp.png tempImageHNHHEX.png tempImageoEZVtC.png tempImageiKUsyD.png tempImageXDU3DC.png tempImageZLIpKp.png

OP
Zakery Murray

Zakery Murray

View Badges
Reaction score
I have a few gardens going.

One is just Hornets (Red, Blue, OG Black, Ktar Black, Purple, Frozen, Murder, Jawbreaker and Rainbow). Looking at maybe King Jawbreaker to finish that one out.

One has White Zombie, White Walker, Utter Chaos, Rainbow Incinerator and Kamikaze Kush.

One has Rasta, Blue ******, Eagle Eye, Fruit Loops, My Clementine, Scrambled Eggs, AOI, Bloosuckers, Gorilla Nips and Orange Oxides.

Working on my last one now (HAHAHA!)... Darth Maul, Gold Maul, Emerald Maul, LSOH and Marvin the Martian.

My GMK has a rock all to itself. :D
Got any pics, would love to see what they look like for some inspiration.

Corals.com

Have you ever had a Angelfish in your reef tank?

• Yes and it was a model citizen (tell us which one)

Votes: 138 33.0%
  • Yes but it did nip from time to time

Votes: 59 14.1%
  • Yes but I had to remove it because it went rogue

Votes: 28 6.7%
  • No but I would like to try one

Votes: 121 28.9%
  • No and not interested

Votes: 56 13.4%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 16 3.8%
Tidal Gardens