What's your preferred dosing pumps?

esquare

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So far I like the Neptune DOS because I can use the total dosed and reservoir monitoring in Fusion
1000069684.jpg

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have several that I use and I really like my Neptune Dos, but that probably has more to do with the controlled dosing and my trident as much as the dos itself. Plus you have to have a Apex to use the dos.
For cheaper dosing pump I use some kamoer X1 (which I think the basic version has been discontinued) and they work well and are easy to setup your dosing schedule.
I use some standalone Bubble Magus TS-1 and I’m not really a fan of them, I much prefer the kamoer.
I also use a really old masterflex for a AWC and if you want a non app controlled doser with no fancy settings it is a wonderful pump that can move a lot of water. It is however incredibly loud.

KStatefan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like my GHL and spectrapure dosing pumps. I also have a Milwaukee that works fine for my application but it is loud.

esquare

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like my GHL and spectrapure dosing pumps. I also have a Milwaukee that works fine for my application but it is loud.
Noise is a good point. My sump is in the basement so I don't mind that the Neptune DOS is loud. If the sump was under my display I probably wouldn't like it so much due to how loud it is.

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a kamoer X1 and an f1 on one tank for alk and calcium. I have a redsea reefdose 2 on another. The kamoer dosers are cheaper and do exactly what I need. That said I love the redsea doser. It was easier to mount as it has hanging holes on the back. The app and it's interface for setting up the dosers worked so well I would probably spend the extra money just for that part. Simple interface that works without me getting frustrated is always worth few dollars to me. The kamoer app isn't bad just not great IMO. But I dislike mobius too so maybe it's just me :thinking-face:

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
based on my personal research and what works for me: GHL, Kamoer, jebao. in that order. take note that i own none of the mentioned pumps, but plan on buying one eventually.

Dolphins18

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have Apex, GHL, kamoer and jebao dosers. The GHL are incredibly accurate and reliable but overly pricey. Only really worth it if being used with a KHD or similar. Apex are great and heavy duty, but not necessary for simple dosing. They are great if you want to try some extremely long runs or automatic WC. Jebaos are annoying but cheap. Kamoer, x1 pumps in particular seem to be the perfect blend of quality and affordability.

Seansea

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are you planning on dosing? If just say AFR the bubble magnus is a great no frills easy to work pump that will last forever. If looking for more compicated dosing with cool apps will have to try something else.

OP
OP
vcnt

vcnt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are you planning on dosing? If just say AFR the bubble magnus is a great no frills easy to work pump that will last forever. If looking for more compicated dosing with cool apps will have to try something else.
I will research what will need to be dossed to have the best reef i can have, but prob calc n alk

dschuffert

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like GHL and Red Sea ReefDose.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back