What's your rarest fish?

michael_cb_125

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a pair of Bandit Angelfish (Apolemichthys arcuatus) that I acquired as tiny juveniles almost 7 years ago. I was fortunate enough to see both little girls bicker and establish dominance. The slightly larger angel transitioned to male, and now I have a beautiful pair of angels that over the last 5 years has made several spawning attempts (that I have seen). Unfortunately my tank is only 20" tall, and they are pelagic spawners. They ascend and hit the water surface and stop........

Not super rare, but I unfortunately dont hear of many being kept long term.

Sorry for they crappy old picture. I have been slack the last few years and have no current images. I will try to work on that...haha
SANY0666.jpg

I would love to hear from some other Bandit owners!!!

~Michael

Singlefin

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha. I've had my bandit for a couple years now. Since it was tiny. Love it. Great personality.

Andyf30

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Naoko's wrasse (don't have pics of mine) but they're rarely imported and are so recently described that the female form is still unknown. He's the boss of my tank. Love him

alg

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Obligatory Gem Tang mention...

We also have a Black Tang, Lavender Tang, Gold Rim Hybrid, Chevron, White Tail Bristletooth, Ringtail, Two Spot, Monrovia, Eibli, Lemonpeel... (multiple tanks!). We really love our tangs :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    194.5 KB · Views: 203

TUSI

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Have many rare fish which can be seen on my thread but the one fish that I like the most and I have not seen around is the Bells flasher wrasse. He is still a juvenile. When he flashes the colors are the brightest I have ever seen on a fish
image.jpg

DMan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
P_20150615_174533.jpg
for the price i paid, these are and will probably be the rarest fish i own. even though they are not rare at all anymore. i just felt left out.

Mike Paletta

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bodianus opercularis. Trying to get a picture of mine. Never stops and I'm bad at action shots

jlanger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My rarest fish would have to be my Pictus Blenny.
Not seen very often, but still reasonably priced.

Back