Eckolancer

LED GURU
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This guy rare enough?
image.jpg

Jk most of my fish are rescued from someone's tank so they are all common fish.

Rattooth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a pair of Bandit Angelfish (Apolemichthys arcuatus) that I acquired as tiny juveniles almost 7 years ago. I was fortunate enough to see both little girls bicker and establish dominance. The slightly larger angel transitioned to male, and now I have a beautiful pair of angels that over the last 5 years has made several spawning attempts (that I have seen). Unfortunately my tank is only 20" tall, and they are pelagic spawners. They ascend and hit the water surface and stop........

Not super rare, but I unfortunately dont hear of many being kept long term.

Sorry for they crappy old picture. I have been slack the last few years and have no current images. I will try to work on that...haha
SANY0666.jpg

I would love to hear from some other Bandit owners!!!

~Michael
Nice!

Mesa fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the next three years I'm going to try to get a bandit angelfish pair. Going to try to go to Hawaii and get a pair myself. Right now a naso tang. Not that rare but I still love him. My naso loves my flower pot coral.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 187

saltyhog

blowing bubbles somewhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the next three years I'm going to try to get a bandit angelfish pair. Going to try to go to Hawaii and get a pair myself. Right now a naso tang. Not that rare but I still love him. My naso loves my flower pot coral.

Can you bring them back? Going diving in Sept. in Hawaii!!!! If this is possible I would consider it!

Rattooth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pretty sure you can't bring back on your lap. Although pre 9/11 I had friend do that.
Warning - you may need permits to collect.
Bandits you will not see on most dives. The closer you are to bigger islands , the worse the diving is in terms of what you see.

NeuroticAquatics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've heard you can bring fish as carry-on, but there are rules (of course). It's the permits to collect in Hawaii that I'm guessing will be the bigger issue.

Oldsalt01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
See, this is the issue I have with threads like this one........ no pic's. Common people, I'm a visual guy and I DON'T speak Latin. Never have, never will.

Patto005

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These crappy pictures don't do them justice but here is my mated pair of frostbite clowns. In real life, they have a few awesome blue spots on each side! I'm not really into designer clowns, but when I saw these, I couldn't pass them by!
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This guy rare enough?
image.jpg

Jk most of my fish are rescued from someone's tank so they are all common fish.

Nice! Got one myself; paid a pretty penny for it too. Kinda looks like a chromis, but the guy said it was a blue-green dwarf angel and he seemed honest so .......

Mesa fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The problem is you can't ha them in a carry-on. It has to be in your suit case. I heard therein the sothern part of the state. Make sure you can keep there temperature good when there at the bottom. Put three bags one with water for insulation and make sure the box/suit case has foam to keep the bag form flopping around. You must have a permit to catch them. Also quarantine them in a hotel room and when you get back. At the airport get them out ASAP and get home quickly. The TSA has a carry on liquid rule so find a loop hole. Go with 10 people and apply the liquid rule to all of you or something. TSA is making a Twitter to ask them questions so you could ask. Btw my snake eel is rarer than my naso. I'll post to let you know about the bandit pair and the TSA fish policies. That is all I have to say. Random question but, iron wrought butterfly fish(hope I wrote that right), gem tang or bandit angelfish. Bandit angel for me, let me know.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 213

e-man5252

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice! Got one myself; paid a pretty penny for it too. Kinda looks like a chromis, but the guy said it was a blue-green dwarf angel and he seemed honest so .......
Then u got ripped off.I bought one of these sold as a green chromis for five bucks.It looks just like the one in the picture.

Marty.h

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's beautiful
Thanks he is the character of the tank always buzzing around like a hyperactive kid. When it's feeding time he at the front dancing around like someone who gone mad and eats like there is no tomorrow I expect he will soon grow.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back