When it rains, it pours....

ngoodermuth

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did not but I will do another when I get home.
I also haven’t seen my purple tang eat in over a week so should I just abandon copper all together of back off slowly?

I wouldn’t remove the copper completely... just back off until it is between 1.75-2.0. It could still be keeping ich/velvet at bay.

Do you have metroplex on hand?

ngoodermuth

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I would get aggressive at this point.

Do a water change to get the copper back to the appropriate level first. Then, give another 90-minute rally bath to all of the fish and dose the QT with kanaplex + metroplex + furan-2, in addition to the copper.

You’ll want to run ALL three, together for 14 days.

The furan-2 is dosed daily. The metro/kanaplex will be dosed every 48 hours after 25% water change (make sure copper is in the bucket before it hits the tank) Dose the metroplex in the higher range - 2 scoops per 10 gallons.

Add as much water movement as possible. An airstone and a powerhead aimed directly at the surface.

This combination of treatments will cover ich, velvet, brook, uronema, and bacterial infections.

Once you’ve finished 14 days, I’d highly suggest setting up a second sterile QT (med-free) and transferring all fish from the current tank to that one.

If there are still symptoms of infection, you may need to run a more aggressive course of antibiotics in the second QT without copper. NFG is preferable, but Triple Sulfa + Furan-2 make a decent substitute if you aren’t able to get the NFG.

OP
OP
The new fish on the block

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think my PT eye is a goner came home and it was all deflated:(

5EEF4DB3-D9B9-463C-865F-8A0170854B9E.jpeg

OP
OP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I would get aggressive at this point.

Do a water change to get the copper back to the appropriate level first. Then, give another 90-minute rally bath to all of the fish and dose the QT with kanaplex + metroplex + furan-2, in addition to the copper.

You’ll want to run ALL three, together for 14 days.

The furan-2 is dosed daily. The metro/kanaplex will be dosed every 48 hours after 25% water change (make sure copper is in the bucket before it hits the tank) Dose the metroplex in the higher range - 2 scoops per 10 gallons.

Add as much water movement as possible. An airstone and a powerhead aimed directly at the surface.

This combination of treatments will cover ich, velvet, brook, uronema, and bacterial infections.

Once you’ve finished 14 days, I’d highly suggest setting up a second sterile QT (med-free) and transferring all fish from the current tank to that one.

If there are still symptoms of infection, you may need to run a more aggressive course of antibiotics in the second QT without copper. NFG is preferable, but Triple Sulfa + Furan-2 make a decent substitute if you aren’t able to get the NFG.

I have metro but it expired March of this year can I still use it?

ngoodermuth

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have metro but it expired March of this year can I still use it?

Eh, it’s probably ok in that it doesn’t “go bad” but since you really need the metro to work at full strength, in case it does turn out to be brook... I’d only use it for as long as it takes to get a fresh container.

Frtdrmrose7

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have an ammonia badge in the tank? How are you aerating the water? What treatment are you running right now?

OP
OP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Eh, it’s probably ok in that it doesn’t “go bad” but since you really need the metro to work at full strength, in case it does turn out to be brook... I’d only use it for as long as it takes to get a fresh container.

Ok I put the wrasse back into Qt and she’s just swimming erratically and upside down I also noticed a big lump on her stomach

D2CF45B6-7E35-4DF0-9520-A30BF1AA2CF9.jpeg

Frtdrmrose7

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does that lump coincide with his anus? Does it appear to be on the anus? Have you seen him poop lately?

Frtdrmrose7

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, and I haven’t seen him poop lately.

Could be severe constipation and the start of a prolapsed rectum. Is he still eating? If so boil a pea and skin it. Try to get him to eat the pea innards even if you mix with mysis or something.

ngoodermuth

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gosh, you are really having a bad run with these guys... have you fed medicated food at all? Leopards are notorious for intestinal parasites, could explain the constipation/prolapse...

OP
OP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could be severe constipation and the start of a prolapsed rectum. Is he still eating? If so boil a pea and skin it. Try to get him to eat the pea innards even if you mix with mysis or something.
I havent seen'em eat in a couple of days, and by the looks of things I dont he would be able to get it down, he just looks so week. I really don't know if he's gonna make it...

Gosh, you are really having a bad run with these guys... have you fed medicated food at all? Leopards are notorious for intestinal parasites, could explain the constipation/prolapse...

Yes I am, its the worst out break ive ever had, I dont know defenitvely whats happening. I was able to get a fresh bottle of metroplex so Im going to continue dosing it along with kanaplex until i can get my hands on the other stuff.

P.s. Thank you all for your help, it means a lot!

Frtdrmrose7

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I havent seen'em eat in a couple of days, and by the looks of things I dont he would be able to get it down, he just looks so week. I really don't know if he's gonna make it...

Yes I am, its the worst out break ive ever had, I dont know defenitvely whats happening. I was able to get a fresh bottle of metroplex so Im going to continue dosing it along with kanaplex until i can get my hands on the other stuff.

P.s. Thank you all for your help, it means a lot!

If he’s not eating try the Epsom salts it can’t hurt to give it a shot

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 41 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 15 6.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 146 57.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.5%
Back