When to test Calcium & Alkalinity?

Apayson

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 23, 2022
Messages
65
Reaction score
28
Location
New York
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At what point in the 4 month cycle of a new saltwater tank should I start testing & adjusting the Calcium & Alkalinity? Is it best to start immediate when you initially set up the tank? Or a few months down the road when a few fish are already living in the tank & I want to introduce coral?
 
Thanks for the reply, I have yet to set up my tank.
I'm setting up a 13.5 gallon tank & plan to keep it relatively simple with utilitarian fish & test corals to start this months long journey.
 
Awesome!

10% water changes will be more then enough.. get your feet wet.. dont worry about testing for alk an cal .. water changes will go along way.

You should definitely budget in good test kits. GO SLOW.. nothing good in this hobby happens fast!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 42.3%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 2 7.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new